Please leave Genji alone

Before you call me an angry Genji main, I’m not a Genji main and I quit playing him 1 year ago. I don’t like Genji too, but I won’t come to the forum and complain about him doing this or that to me because there’s things that I can do to have a easier time when playing against Genji.

After Genji got his deflect hitbox fixed I thought the Genji problems would be over, but it seems like I was wrong. Now the Genji problems are back and I don’t know why. We have many heroes that can deal with him, I play a hero that can mess him up with all 3 of his abilities or I can instantly take him out with just 1.

His ult isn’t a problem too. We have ults that can counter it, we can hold him down with some cc, all 6 of us can focus on him, or we can try to run away from him. Even when he deflects during his ult, he’s wasting 2s. Same thing with nanoblade, we have things that can stop him. He can only wipe a team with his ult when the enemy doesn’t try to do anything against him.

Deflect isn’t a problem too. It’s not big anymore. We have weapons and abilities that ignore it or we can stun him. Now if you shoot at him while he’s deflecting and you die then it’s your fault. If a teammate shoots at it and if you die or the teammates dies, then that was his fault. Deflect is a ability that punish you for your mistakes. To those who say that they’re “forced” to wait out deflect, then why aren’t you saying the same thing when Reaper uses Wraith form or when Mei uses Cryofreeze?

Genji shurikens isn’t a problem. His alt fire doesn’t increase his damage, and is only useful when he fights his enemies up close. If he manages to hit you from across the map, then why are you standing still for so long? Why aren’t you standing behind cover or a barrier? Why aren’t you trying to dodge them?

To those that get upset when Genji uses his dash to escape, why aren’t you getting upset when Reaper, Sombra, Tracer, Junkrat, Doomfist, Dva, Ashe, Winston, Mercy, Moira, Hanzo, and Widowmaker use their abilities to escape?

Seriously, Genji doesn’t need a nerf. 3 years of Overwatch and Genji never got a buff, 3 years of Overwatch and some people are still asking for Genji nerfs. Just because some of you don’t want to play this or do this or that against Genji, doesn’t mean he should get nerfed because of it.

53 Likes

sure, i agree…but i don’t see the need to defend Genji or Tracer because they’ve gotten a token nerf each in 2 years of being pretty damn good

and honestly, the same courtesy is rarely extended by their mains in times when there are calls for other heroes to be ruined so i’m a bit out of cares to give

20 Likes

Blizzard removes triple jump, makes deflect hitbox smaller to the point you sometimes get hit in the dome just bc the enemy isnt shooting from straight ahead of you, REDUCES BLADE FROM 8 TO 6 SECONDS and on top of all of this introduces: Sombra, Moira and Brig.

Yeah sure, “Token nerf”.

Also, just to be clear. Im in favour of the blade and the triple jump nerf. I’m also a fan of animations matching hitboxes, just not to the point where weird sh*t happens.

21 Likes

I just wish the special effect from his Dragonblade wouldn’t cover my entire screen to the point that i lose track of him

5 Likes

That is pretty much nothing compared to what brig, doomfist, and Dva have in there patch history

7 Likes

Genji hasn’t been op like Dva or brig

26 Likes

Fixing a bug doesn’t count as an intended nerf.

Look at the position sombra and brig are. Sombra got screwed, and brig is about to be murdered. That is mostly because of Genji mains.
Moira is only average as well.

5 Likes

implying that brig hasn’t brutalized the game since her release

but no ofc the only people who could possibly have an issue with her is genji mains :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Well, i didn’t have a single problem with brig on release. I learned to play around her which is what all you Genji mains say when someone says to nerf him. Brig hard-countered sombra, but I just didn’t treat her like any other kill. The majority of people complaining about brig were Genji and tracer mains.

3 Likes

i knew somebody was going to get mad, my use of ‘in 2 years’ was deliberate you know

plus Genji was blatantly overpowered then and not just ‘pretty damn good’, he absolutely needed the nerfbat

2 Likes

lol, the majority was most definitely not flankers.

It’s despicable how brig defenders keep ignoring that main tanks especially hated brig especially when bash went through shield.

Genji (including season 1 genji) has never defined a meta or even be a irreplaceable piece in any meta, but you guys kept crying how op he is.

Brig since release has defined goats and given low skill players giant training wheels to hang with players several tiers above them and maintaining 50% win rate across all ranks but “she’s fine.”

Brig defenders m are a joke. Brig defenders balance ideas are a joke. Brig defenders are bad players who don’t know the basics of this game.

10 Likes

4 Likes

I think Genji has been fine for awhile, tbh. He has quite a few soft and hard counters and his kit generally doesn’t reward stupidity.

Tracer is problematic, for sure, but even then I’m hesitant to suggest nerfs for her because her kit is so tightly bound together that the slightest change in the wrong area could potentially unravel her completely.

Mainly, my opinion on Genji is that the hero is fine but his players are… How do I put it? Not the kind of guys I’d want to be stuck in an elevator with.

4 Likes

Not sure what your point is.

1 Like

goes off on ‘brig defenders’ in response to a post claiming she was always fine and only nerfed because flanker mains complained

-> implies 6s dragonblade Genji was fine and only nerfed because people ‘kept crying’

2 Likes

He’s not OP he just is too forgiving to play. The hitbox on dash is too big, the hitbox on blade is too big, and he shouldn’t be able to block damage during deflect from behind. None of those are game breaking but in totality, along with his ability to abuse vertical aim difficulty by double jumping over people while spamming an easy to hit right click just make him, overall, too forgiving to use.

3 Likes

I didn’t “imply” anything. I flat out said Genji has never defined or been an irreplaceable piece in any meta since release.

That is a fact.

6 Likes

First, not a Genji main. I play hitscan. Brig has essentially ruined the role. Tracer is basically a non entity by design, Soldier by collateral, and Reaper and McCree are getting ridiculous buffs to try to make them something that can do anything other than tickle damage before they get rolled over.

Second, Brig is the closest thing the game has to a universally reviled hero, because of the level of sustain she brings to the game and how a comp centred around getting use out of her pushes an entire class of heroes out of the game. Sombra is one of the few DPS that can actually do something against GOATs so I’m not surprised you like her.

When she was a stun spammer that ignored shields you can bet that the loudest opponents of her were tank mains and for good reason. It was utterly stupid that “stun you through your barrier with zero recourse and have her team melt you before you can recover” was ever a thing at all.

4 Likes

Implying she even did… She wasn’t even a inch close to being overpowered she’s strong, sure but this forum made her to be this unbeatable monster.

Don’t be disingenuous. She was the definition of OP for a long time.

1 Like