Please just admitt crossplay and region lock is a bad idea

And stop ignoring your fanbase blizz, none of us wanted these changes, Na players now get more toxic games in eu servers (I live in eu and I confirm there is way more toxicity here)

crossplay players don’t wanna see the chat, and pc players don’t wanna have someone aiming with a switch

5 Likes

For me it’s been the opposite, ever since I moved to Europe playing on EU has felt better for me. Just personal experience.

1 Like

So that’s what’s going on, I kept getting EU crap talkers.

1 Like

yes, and roleQ same way, pls pls.

2 Likes

Except we know from play numbers that the playerbase prefers RQ even when OQ exists in a format that gives it exactly the same rewards…nobody cares.

1 Like

Not likely to change, since it’s going to be a key feature in OW2.

You’re better off figuring out how to fix it.

I.e. Region select, but the default is Global
Or Console+PC crossplay assumes the console player is -500SR lower in equivalent in MMR

Currently on Xbox and absolutely having a blast with crossplay and text chat. Everyone else I’ve talked too loves it as well. The queues are so fast and it definitely injected some much needed life into the game on console; as I no longer play against the same 100 people every day.

2 Likes

That’s not really how it works psychologically. If you’re playing competitive, you naturally want to play the ‘real’ game. They’ve made it clear that role queue is the real game, so competitive people play it.

I prefer OQ, and even I end up playing more RQ. That said, I would imagine the people still playing prefer RQ more, since the hardliners quit the game.

I’m happy I can play with my PC friends from my preferred platform now. :man_shrugging:

I haven’t had an issue with this update, and I’m happy I can play with friends on console now

Where is this player base tho? 99% of it is just spare parts, who don’t know what they want, besides competitive games become easier for them, then they leave eventually nomatter what. 1% is the engine, which balance and ruleset should revolves around.
OpenQ should be stayed as main mode, no need community split or 2-2-2 ruleset, to beat goats, just make a rule so more than 2 tanks are unable to get picked. ANyway 5v5 will fix most of the issues.

^
This. At leas in EU you don’t get insulted via voice chat.

1 Like

Yeah, honestly I’m in the same boat.

And on console we never could pick our region anyway, we just had to play wherever the matchmaker put us. Being in NA and getting dropped into EU servers with 120+ ping wasn’t uncommon, so I can’t really relate to people complaining about no longer being able to choose region. Like damn, you guys had it so good for so long you don’t even know what it’s like to slum it on high ping servers despite not choosing them.

Because most of us EU players are not talking there at all. :stuck_out_tongue:
not sure why others dont, but i just have problem talking to people