Please Give Mercy a New Ability Too

He has no escape whatsoever

She does definitely need something. And E rez, imo, is already a failed experiment. 5v5 just makes its existing problems completely unmanageable, so now is a perfect time to replace it.

I’d like to see Mercy have either a burst heal or a damage reduction. Something to help her out when her 55hps isn’t cutting it.

But I do feel like it needs to be single target. Partly because I think OW has too much AOE healing as it is, but also because target selection and juggling is an important part of Mercy’s gameplay. I already kind of hate the AOE in Valkyrie–I think it’s the main reason that Valk feels so underwhelming to use even though it’s so powerful–and I’m sure I’d hate AOE in her base kit as well.

No, they’re explosive about a poorly-thought-out, astonishingly unbalanced rework followed by 13 ineffective nerfs, paired with constant lying and hoof-dragging on the part of the devs, who not only ignored Mercy players’ feedback but at one point saw fit to endorse a video portraying Mercy players as hysterical because they didn’t appreciate having their hero turned into a trainwreck.

Most of those same Mercy mains who were enraged over the rework have been begging for changes for years. Good changes, for once.

2 Likes

Okay… what about transcendence?

And besides, he’s getting more HP and a free boop without cool-down in OW2 so

5 Likes

She does need some form of burst heals, particularly in OW 2. I know, I know the usual DPS contingent complaining about heals will march out, but I can tell you its just a fact. Either remove burst heals in general, or give all healers some boost potential (with the possible exception of Zen who barely qualifies as a Support).

If not she needs a speed boost on GA in OW 2, the speed of DPS negates a fair bit of the impact of her mobility which is most felt in OW 1.

2 Likes

I mean the Devs themselves said they are looking into the support role to make them more fun with new and refreshed abilities, specifically mentioned Mercy and Moira in a segment on the same blog post, and have been toying around with superjump tweaks too…so clearly they disagree with you, but go off!

Nah I’ll keep posting here I think but ty for the advice!

Now I will give you some advice: worry more about your own gameplay instead of policing people on the forums and you will maybe get out of silver! xx

1 Like

Awww look at you hitting below the belt. Really shows the kind of person you are. Can’t even have a healthy debate. Hope that made you feel better about yourself. You sure showed me!

1 Like

That’s why I’d not move it to her ultimate, IMHO anyhow. Mercy would have even fewer opportunities to use it that way than on E.

And while never getting chance to use it happened in some games, it didn’t happen in all games, for me anyhow, with the lobbies of people I would get. Other games I was resurrecting a ton more. It seemed to depend on the map, if you were pushing, so could sweep up the fallen, or if you were being pushed, so couldn’t get to the dead because the enemy pushed too far past. It seemed fair to me. But that’s just one sample set.

The long and short of it, in regard to my experience with resurrect. It was powerful in OW2 with 5v5 teams, but there were some strong limits on it so it never seemed overpowered. Even if I managed say 8-10 resurrects in a match at the extreme end of things, it was in the face of 150+ elims in a match.

It felt high-risk high-reward without being abusive which I enjoyed, so I’d be leery of changing it.

make this a blinding/flash thing instead of a minor slow and this is great! i would love this or that blast idea you had.

honestly i don’t care how much damage/healing the blast would do (maybe it would also blind ppl instead of damage? or reduce the damage they deal? mercy having direct damage abilities doesn’t feel right to me) i just want new animations and voice lines lol

1 Like

The irony writes itself on these forums
:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

How can you throw stones living in a glass house. You’re not even ranked. You wish you could have a 60% win rate in comp :kissing_heart:

You can’t even play past a half hour!

Let me guess, this is you alt account and you’re a GM :joy:

Playing off your Wing Slap idea.

Wing Flap.
If timed properly reflects incoming projectiles away from Mercy. This cannot be aimed like Genji’s reflect, but the projectile would move off in a random direction in a 180 degree sweep in front of Mercy. It could damage her teammate(s), or the enemy.
It would propel Mercy backwards a short distance, with each flap, so could be used to distance herself from flankers. Or she could use it for a short vertical hop (if she looks down when she does it), or to reflect off of surfaces like when Phara concusives off a close wall. This would offer no knock back to the enemy however, and would only effect Mercy’s movement.

So, a little reflect for protection with some danger involved, and some new movement tech to work on, and all based on code that is already in the game. So not inventing anything that’s completely new.

Ooh that’s actually really intteresting!

I mean, this is an alt account, but it’s also GM like my main, although lower GM, I used this acc to warm up before going on my main

Here is my main’s overbuff if you want to stalk
h ttps://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Ryan-111758

Or you can add me in game! <3

I don’t wish I was 1700 sr, no, but ty!

Now please stop derailing my thread!

1 Like

That overbuff profile hasn’t been updated for 5 months. Don’t tell me your one of those fake GM’s who plays the bare minimum of games because you’re afraid of dropping rank.

I’m a tank main who turned support last season. I started at 1200 and have climbed close to 1800 in two seasons (All solo queue). Unfortunately it’s near impossible to keep a win rate of 70% so I’ll just need to wait until next season to be gold. But I’ll keep enjoying myself and staying positive.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you were carried. Not difficult to stay GM when you play a few hours a season. I should stop saying GM, you’re in master (carried).

Love the people who come into mercy threads to derail them by embarassing themselves 20x over :skull: no wonder why you think she’s on equal grounds as zen. Stop talking please.

3 Likes

Yeah overbuff doesn’t update if you put your profile to private

I’ve been in GM for like 30 seasons. There’s a literal Season 9 top500 icon as my icon. I haven’t played much OW1 the past few months because a) I am in college doing better things with my time and b) we’ve had no content and no balance changes so I’ve not played much like most other people

When OW2 gets ranked I will grind it again and be just fine lol

Good, genuinely good for you

I mean I solo queued from gold to GM in 2 seasons many years back and have been here ever since…I have other acounts to play with friends (namely the one I am posting on right now, which is why it’s never been as high as my main. My friend’s peaks are low GM and high masters).

I did drop down to 3600 one season in season 15 after coming back from not playing for several months, and then next season I got back to 4200 rather quickly after re-teaching myself the game. I’ve gotten an Ana-only account to GM as well, I’ve taken multiple alt accounts from low ranks to GM…

But also I’m not sure what any of the relevance of this is to my thread

3 Likes

Well, this isn’t so much a POGGERS ability, but what if

While Mercy’s SelfHeal Passive is active, her healing output on teammates goes up by 20hps

Damn I love all your WoW ideas. Discipline preist use to be my go-to healer class

1 Like

Love Disc! I’ve leveled 4 different Priest chars to max level and I always level the entire way as Disc instead of Shadow haha

And I know right?? Got back into WoW this week and playing my Priest made me realize how fun their abilities would be on Mercy!

1 Like

A disc priest would be so cool.

I want penance, power word shield, pain suppression, and a mana burn ability that depletes ult charge.

4 Likes

Reflective shield ^^

1 Like