Please fix tanks before messing with supports

Bug fixed: Tanks other than Reinhardt and Zarya were marginally playable in certain situations. We have fixed this bug so only the correct tanks can be played.

2 Likes

I’ve been working on my own “joke patch” for the forums here… in my patch notes, i rename all the tanks to Reinhardt to increase their viability.

1 Like

Some days I think they should just dump the other six tanks in DPS if they don’t want you to ever play them.

2 Likes

Lucio has been played in more than just Rein comps. Ana and Reinhardt’s pickrate has went hand in hand for years. They bring each other along. Ana moreso than Rein atm. He’s not still so much better than Orisa/Sigma since his nerfs that they aren’t worth running. But Ana is still that much better than the healer alternatives

So why am I winning matches with no Rein against teams with one?

He is not 100% mandatory not even close.

Get a semi decent sombra on the other team and Rein becomes damn near useless. Still find it funny ppl havnt realised that yet.

1 Like

Um… no thanks. Let’s just fixate on supports, please. Let’s not try to fix the sweet fat of the Hog that is our only true salvation against the oppressive queues.

Well, they should buff other healers then. Moira’s only bad because they nerfed her so much a while back, same with Baptiste. Same with Mercy, I guess, if you go back far enough.

One could reasonably claim that it runs the other way. IIRC both supports’ pickrate plummeted when Rein was banned.

Also, there are alternatives. You can take Moira instead of Ana and Brigitte instead of Lucio.

Hopefully outside of Moira they don’t do anything too major. God forbid they throw Supports into crisis again and both roles are equally messed up.

Like, to a degree Support and Tank balance are interwoven, but the majority of focus has got to be on Tanks right now if anything is going to improve.

They’re never going to “fix” tanks.

There will always be something messed up about this game; that’s just how OW is.

Just play what’s fun at the moment and stop when you’re no longer having fun.

You wouldn’t take Mario Kart as a serious comp game that needs to be balanced, would you? OW is like that.

agreed but ya know… I feel like those that refused to give up on Mercy (like myself) have weathered the storm and learned to play her very effectively, despite with her shortcomings. So if Mercy gets a buff, there will be massive blowback on the forums from the 10% of DPS saying she is too godly, but nothing from the 90% of dps that kill her easily when all the FotM (i.e. former Moira/Ana players) try her out thinking e-z win, just like all the really bad Echoes the first week.

Imagine a support that could boost barriers. That could solve both problems.

I did learn how to play her. She just sucks to play and is outclassed left, right and center.

They must be enjoying the constant deathballs that are always meta since Mercy was nerfed.

Mercy buff would be for their own good, they can cry all they want, it hurts no one and clears the nose.

Completely agree with your points, especially the one about it being for their own good.

But we can expect that the forums won’t be filled with DPS saying how grateful they are that Mercy can keep them alive longer. Instead it would be aggravated posts about how it’s harder to kill Mercy or her teammates, depending on what the possible buffs could be. I’m just pre-emptively downvoting the dps complaints because except for healer-minded players, everyone just expects everything to be dying at their feet.

You know what’s actually dreadful? Given how apathetic devs have been about Mercy, there’s likely nothing coming for Mercy at all, I’m expecting a placebo at best.

1 Like

yea… I was really thinking the same thing, or that it would be something useless like reducing cooldown on GA by .00001 sec. However, I would be totally OK if Mercy got nothing but they still at least balanced every OTHER support.

Moira is a killing machine and Ana/Brig have way too strong utility. Yet Zen is a sitting duck and nobody seems to know how to play Bap. If those heroes were fixed in some way, I think it would make Mercy’s job easier by proxy due to her very high reliance on how effective everyone else is.