Please don't take away Symms photon barrier

the most sad thing is you’ll no longer be able to see the beautiful oasis shield/teleporter skin more often, no longer protection to any dva bomb.

And also, her barrier yes, it’s super powerful, but i hope it doesn’t get destroyed by sombra’s emp, because if it does… that’s very stupid probably less effective than mercy’s ultimate. :confused:

2 Likes

Disappointing that it’s not an ability anymore. I loved shielding cheeky D.Va ults whenever I wanted. I guess at least now it potentially protects the entire team, but I dislike ultimates I have to hold to negate other ultimates. Ah well, guess that fits the defense category more.

Very sad to see a fallen ability :frowning: . I hope they salvage the barrier at least. I mean what will my scroll wheel do now. But yeah, I hope this is just very early trial stages and they’ll do what appropriate

But that’s basically how to use the teleporter

Are you aware of her new Ability replacing Photon Barrier?

What? I can put the teleporter up whenever I want, I don’t wait for enemies to ult first. I’m too busy fighting with my team to wait around and put a teleporter down when people die from
Ults.

1 Like

Yeah, for sure. I think its an edequate ult but i really think her portable barrier should remain

Summary of Geoff’s Responses

Would you mind if I made a similar post, but cleaned up the formatting a bit?

You’re free to do whatever you’d like. All I did was summarize what Geoff said so that it would help people who didn’t want to read his 73 replies

Fair enough, lol

Go ahead, the more exposure this topic gets the better <3

I mean yeah that is one way to put it but the moment you do that, the enemy is alerted to its prescence and can take it down before it gets any value.

I’ve taken advantage of Symms who do this on the enemy team. All you need to do is tell your team where it is, take it out, and then ult the enemy. It’s very easy.

Eh, because I’m an active Sym it doesn’t take long to get it back. It’s very rare that I get a game where my teleporter gets destroyed as soon as I put it up anyway. But I mainly just play Sym in QP and in Comp I play her on strong maps.

Edit: I might try that strategy with her rework though. If Symmetra is no longer considered a troll pick I will actually put time into learning her.

Use the teleporter.
Instead of staying where you are and blocking damage, you can literally just leave the area altogether or juke people out.

The fact Symmetra can place her teleporter 25 metres away and also shoot her turrets where ever she needs them is gonna make for some really deep gameplay.

Symmetra is gonna be playing 3D chess while we’re all playing checkers.

1 Like

https://m.popkey.co/293571/kwzO8_s-200x150.gif

1 Like

Back in my day! Us Sym mains didn’t have no phootawn barriers! We had to microwave Genji and Tracer the hard way. Ya spoiled whipper snappers need ta roll with the punches.

oh no…

how dare 1 ult counter another…

It’s different… ): Imagine Reinhart’s barrier was an ultimate and it got hacked and erased for ever, and the meter got reset to 0%.

Like, cool concept, but it’s lame

Ahh I see. Well I play her mostly in comp and the strategy of actively being in the fight WITH tp is very counterproductive because if you die with it, the team will be quick to blame you.

Once her tp goes up, the enemy usually prioritizes it and nothing is more frustrating than them destroying it before anyone gets to use it.