Please don't reduce stun durations - it hurts high latency players

I don’t think this is even the worst problem. Nerfing FB duration means that McCree in will no longer be able to finish off heroes with 250 hp like DF, Mei, Brig, Reaper, etc. Which is an indirect buff to them and people already complain a alot about some of those like DF, Mei and Brig, well now get ready for the wave of complains. ALSO, McCree won’t be able to double tap heroes with 200hp or less which means more FtH spam, which people will also complain about. No matter how I see it, this is a lose/lose situation for everyone, if they want to nerf his FB it’s better to increase it’s cooldown, or even reduce it’s aoe, because reducing it’s duration will just make mobile and annoying heroes even more annoying.

You can FTH them, no?

Did you read the whole post? who are you talking about, I mentioned two different sets of heroes.

I play on USA servers from UK and I have 110-120 ping and I’ve never had a problem…

If you’re playing on your own region and your ping is very high, then it sounds like you don’t have good internet

Like, specifically headshotting people you stun on McCree?

In the area I live, I have 2 internet options. 1 is DSL, the other is satalight. I have the DSL and my ping is NEVER below 60. Could you explain what reasonable options I may have.

1 Like

I personally not have a problem, but I don’t play McCree much. I like to play Hero like Soldier 76, Reaper, Sombra (and of course Moira LOL)

but idk how it effects others, I played USA servers for games for like 15+ years so I am used to the difference I guess.

Believe it or not but I play worse on European server cause I am so used to ping on USA server lol.

I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t utilize fan the hammer before anyway just because people complained about it. I mean I get that people are like “lol fth, noob” etc. but I would still use it.

And the main situation I can see not finishing stunned kills is when I miss the first hit, usually when momentum is still occurring or knock backs, or they are able to counter evade on the 2nd hit (ice block or wraith form).

You have to have not taken shots first, and it uses all your ammo.

Sure. You have 3 reasonable choices, since I do not know your living situation nor want to know:

1. Play different heroes that are more forgiving for latency
  2. Wait for Overwatch 2 and commit to the PvE side of Overwatch over PvP
  3. Move to a location that has better internet

Glad I could be of service.

Just to be clear I’m not anti FtH, I always use it. My point is that McCree used to be able to two tap non tanks, now he won’t be able to so McCree players will be forced to always use FtH and a lot of people will complain about it, wrongfully so but still, I can see the wave of complains coming.

I’m personally more worried about 250hp heroes. McCree is an important counter to some of those, and now he won’t be able to do so. Mobility will become much stronger and we will have to complain about it, we are just trading one evil for a much bigger one.

So the “Reasonable” options are
1: “Just don’t play half the roaster”
2: “Shell out money for a game that isn’t out yet and quit PVP.”
3: “Literally uproot your life and move in the middle of a pandemic.”

1 Like

Been playing Brigitte on 70 latency and its perfectly fine for me

Yeah, what’s so horrible about just picking a different nerf?

Yes.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

So you really are putting “Just move where you live” as a reasonable option? I’m going to label this one as trolling.

1 Like

If Overwatch is that important to you, yes. Wouldn’t be the first dumb thing I’ve seen people do nor the last.

Why do I or the forum moderators care if you flag it as trolling when all are valid, within reason, choices. I won’t entertain the latter half but I’ve given you the answers to continue playing Overwatch without quitting.

I don’t even play McCree. But I think keeping the game halfway friendly to medium latency players is healthy.

They could make an almost comparable change like increasing the recovery time after using FB so McCree can only fire once.

1 Like

Balancing the game around latency vs. Human reaction time are not equal nor reasonable in this instance.

The best option, which will probably never happen, is to open up a new server for your region that has latency issues. Now, it could happen. It could. EA temporarily opened up several Middle Eastern servers for Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2018) servers for their players that are affected by Covid-19.

Never hurts to get everyone you know and they know in the affected areas to try. I wouldn’t bet my salary on it though.

I have high-latency and wouldn’t agree to this tbh