Please decrease hitbox for Hanzo's arrows

I heard even if lower it’s size even slightly - hero becoming unplayable. But since most of people playing meta only or recently buffed heroes - there are too many Hanzo these days and random headshots became more noticable. Often people dying by arrow which was flying into another person and so on. Don’t think comments are necessary.

2 Likes

Dude Hanzo and Genji have some of the smallest projectile hit boxes in the game.
They are dwarfed by the bullets of Mercy and D.va.

Did you look into this at all?
Hanzo players aren’t actually spam shooting tree trunks.

Another human being expressed skill and did something impressive.
Woah.
Guess you aren’t the main character after all.

2 Likes

Here is a direct quote from a dev that seemed relevant to your post.

This makes sense on Genji, who has a fairly slow projectile that doesn’t do much damage on its own.

Compared to Hanzo who is almost a hitscan at this point and is well known and documented for receiving crits for a headshot when the arrow never touches the head itself on the victim’s model. Not to mention Hanzo can 1 shot the same way Widow can, but he can play all ranges and moves faster than Widow with the bow drawn.

Edit: Comparitively speaking, he has much more forgiving aim than McCree or Widow who both have less reward right now.

1 Like

Hanzo does not move faster than Widow with the bow drawn, he moves faster than Widow during storm bow.

For the record, the hitbox of a weapon and the hitbox of a character are seperate things.
ALL CHARACTER HITBOXES in OW extend past the visual limit.

If Hanzo is landing head shots that don’t connect, is based on the MODEL HIT BOX, meaning ANYONE COULD HAVE LANDED A SHOT WHERE HANZO DID.

His actual projectiles are TINY.

1 Like

Sorry, should have clarified that I meant when Widow is scoped.

Yes I am aware that the characters hitmodels are slightly bloated (to encourage newer players) but even still, hitmodel vs hitmodel is always going to be easier than hitscan vs hitmodel in terms of collisions. There’s a lot more margin of error on both ends, where hitscans really on have the margin of error of the model.

Incorrect, hitscan bullets also don’t have “model accurate” hitboxes.

Don’t argue with me, do your own research.

2 Likes

I have done my research.

A hitmodel (projectile) colliding with another hitmodel (character’s hitbox) will always have more leeway since a projectile is larger than hitscan. A hitscan weapon would have several pixels either side of it so that you don’t need perfect precision but even then it would still be greatly smaller than a projectile.

Only one part of the projectile’s hitbox would have to collide with the character’s hitbox, so that you don’t need to have the precision you would if you were playing a hitscan. In some cases your crosshair doesn’t even need to be on the target.
On top of that, projectiles are more directly affected by latency since there are more variables at play compared to hitscan’s crosshair + opponents position.

I’ve seen that malarkey on two separate occasions. The Hanzo arrow turns at the last moment straight for the head. It’s like Yondu’s arrow from Guardian’s of the Galaxy sometimes.

1 Like

I have seen where player is facing with bow like 10 m away from enemy while jumping and get headshoot even though his crosshair was nowhere near.

2 Likes

it is a bug, feels like on some servers the projectile has to travel an extra dimension to hit its target, the longest count so far was 1 second after i release the arrow, i killed the player who is only 15 meters in front of me . a very frustrating bug for hanzo because if you see those that turn last min into your head. do you know how many arrows i see that i aimed at your head flies right through at 5 meter range and and i ended up dying?

Eeeeeeeeeey, another rogue :wink: