PLEASE! Clans and Looking For Group Now

I am just so supremely tired of being thrown into 6 straight games where half my team is just acting like idiots in an aimless Custom game and we are facing a solid team playing normally.

‘It’s only QP’. ‘It’s only arcade’. No, it’s a game, it’s Overwatch, and if you don’t play the game at a fundamentally basic level then it’s just bad boring machinima. Why do I have to go through an hour of utter trash to get one good game?

I also want teammates with whom I can relax, have fun and COMMUNICATE with - because I can trust them on a basic level.

And a clan system must stop or slow player attrition - it must reduce TOXICITY - so many people must have stopped playing Overwatch because of having to face so many problematic games.

Please vote this up - we need this option and Blizzard don’t currently think that this practical measure to improve their game and reduce toxicity is worthwhile.

10 Likes

I agree with the solution but can’t vote it up because the core of your post is about complaining about your teammates, not a constructive argument for a clan/ LFG system.

I don’t mean for that to sound hostile but I was expecting more of a “what”, not a “why”.

Everyone knows that matchmaking can feel like a chore. We’re here, we’re in your shoes (in a sense).

Post about the types of features you’d like to see, not how much your teammates suck.

Link to related post going into some good detail on how such a system could work and be encouraging to play in:

1 Like

But that’s the whole point of the current system - you are forced into the same team with throwers and trolls and people who just won’t try - with people who want to play a completely different game to you and it makes you annoyed and complaining and fed up with other people. Clans would mitigate that.

Apart from avoiding people, being in an organised group would I think improve peoples’ behaviour generally.

The features of a LFG system are pretty obvious. This isn’t about people who ‘suck’, people who are bad but try to play the game aren’t a problem - I don’t see many people complaining about that - and trying to put me down as a nasty unconstructive man is hardly a response, pretending it’s all happy shiny people isn’t realistic.

I tried to defuse that sentiment; all I’m saying is that we already know that matchmaking is annoying.

I think that it would help a lot of people to have a guild system. But in all honesty the core of you post really isn’t all that constructive, that’s not me trying to put you down, that’s just kinda the truth.

And in what ways are the LFG system features “obvious”? What feature’s would you consider being the definitive LFG system features?

No you have no counter argument - saying something doesn’t just make it so - if you’re that oversensitive then bad teammates should be even more of a concern for you.

Throwing, toxicity, soloing, refusing to communicate - these are excellent reasons for adding a guild system where everyone can find friendlier and more co-operative players in this co-operative team game - enough with the stick, give people a carrot.

What system do you play on

PC. Europe… this season seems worse for in-co-operative dps.

Sorry mate I’m just a console peasant :sob:

I’m asking for you opinion; I’m not participating in your argument (though you have appeared to have taken a defensive stance, I’m actually agreeing with you…)

And I have taken no offense… I’m starting to think you’re the one who is oversensitive. Pretty pretentious of you to call me that but w/e.

We all know why the guild system would help, but you haven’t yet described the system you are envisioning. Give me your opinion! I’d love to hear it!

But until then I won’t give you the like you asked for.

I’m not going to take the time to design an in-game system - say people can form clans, they can state what they want from the game, let people organise themselves into groups. There are enough examples out there and the concept explains itself enough - there is also a perfectly adequate proposition already out there that you have linked to. You are just being contrary for the sake of it…

I’d ask you to propose an actual constructive reply - but I don’t want to know - stop trying to derail.
I’ll give you a pass for maybe speaking English as a 2nd language with your misuse of pretentious.

So you want people to organize into groups.

We already have the “stay as group” option, what would you change about that?

Also you have the pretense to say I speak English as a second language because you don’t know what pretentious means? Also quite pretentious :slight_smile:

Because you want to ignore the negativity that is clearly in-game and that many people have complained about. Me suggesting that you are oversensitive is not pretentious, you may take it as insulting but that is a different thing altogether.

You knew you were denigrating me and you left your troll in which you knew was hostile.

I don’t have the ‘pretense’ to say that you speak English as a 2nd language - you may perhaps say impudence, you may say I’m mistaken or some other word, but I’m not trying to set up false claims for myself.

Yeah, because stay as group works so well and is always reciprocated. We need an organised way for people to commit to a group that has clear goals and ethos, where you don’t have to fish for game after game for people to click on stay as group .

Anyway unless you give some actual ideas yourself I’m just going to ignore.

1 Like