Please Blizzard, just postpone the patch till Season 2

After seeing Overwatch League Playoffs (Which has the patch enabled, the Sojourn/Reaper/Winston/Kiriko/Lucio meta is now a thing once again, just like the Summer Showdown.

Please blizzard, I want you to just postpone the balance patch until next season, instead do the big balance patches at the start of Season 2

I don’t want to see same and boring meta once again

Context:

No, I, like most people, am sick Zarya and her bubbling ways

3 Likes

The OWL meta is completely irrelevant to how the game plays at most ranks.

Yeah the nerf patch is good, but it is not the best time to nerf them, see OWL Playoffs what it is like

I know Competitive Play works differently with league, but I’m afraid that same meta issue would happen on competitive after this patch

I gotta say… the OWL should be adjusting their playstyle to the majority of the player base, not the other way around. (I.e. zarya and sojourn being absolutely dominating in most aspects of the game, casual or not)

1 Like

Yet Blizzard seems to balance the game around it for the most part. :clown_face:

1 Like

It’s rare that you get an entire team in Competitive that can even coordinate their team comp enough to mimic OWL. Even if they did, they don’t actually understand why the OWL players chose those heroes or what makes the meta work, so they’re not any more likely to win.

1 Like

If anything the stale meta is evidence that they do not balance around OWL. If they did they could make it more varied.

1 Like

are you really expecting the average casual will pick based on whats being play in the League ? lmao no you will still gonna get Hanzo Genji in most of your game anyway

Honestly the overall vast majority couldn’t give two @&$%'s about the OWL. 90% of its viewership is just people farming tokens/drops with the browser tab muted and minimized.

Do you remember what happened about the Junker Queen? During second beta most players did not know about the Junker Queen meta, however during Summer Showdown Junker Queen meta was a thing, and after the Summer Showdown ends, Junker Queen was nerfed so it didn’t affect the Competitive Mode after Oct 4 release.

However this case is different because Playoff has this patch applied first, then it will be applied after few more weeks, which I am afraid to see the same thing happening during competitive.

Actually they should have allow player to test through experimental gamemode or PTR so many players can try out the upcoming changes