Please allow players to use a generic portrait border

The private profile setting is one of the most important features Blizzard has added to reduce toxicity. Please enable a related feature that would allow us to use a generic portrait border instead of the borders that are variously colored and filigreed based on our “experience” level and which the game currently forces on us all.

Since I “graduated” to silver border (involuntarily), I have been portrait-shamed for not performing up to the expectations of my teammates. I’m often the only silver portrait on a team of bronze portraits. I know I’m not very good at the game but I do try my hardest and don’t deserve to be shamed by my teammates simply because of the color and complexity of my portrait’s border.

3 Likes

OW players are actually the biggest snowflakes it’s unreal.

10 Likes

They’re going to get rid of portrail system for OW 2 anyways, as some dev said a few months ago.

2 Likes

but but i love my silver border
i know sometime people will level shaming me but…yeah it the consequence of playing this game too long and not being good at it
that mean i just need to be good at the game

It would be optional

How’s this gonna work?

We don’t know yet.

He simply said that the portrails were going to disappear in OW 2, but we will have an option to show our account level for people who care about that, just it will be optional not like now that is shown by the color/tier of your portrail.

Someone made fun of my border today.
They said " I don’t think I have seen a max border that was so bad"
then they quickly left.
They did nothing all game in the dps slot.
I was in the healer spot.

I almost felt bad but then I remembered I don’t care what random kids think. :stuck_out_tongue:

9/10 times if someone says something to you about border it is because they are trying to draw attention away from how terrible they are at this.

They will probably sell portraits, is my guess. Like banners in Apex.

Maybe if you only get the option for a generic border after you hit level 100 or something. I still like to know who the smurfs are.

Just as a heads up the concerns of how your level experience displays is going to be addressed in Overwatch 2.

2 Likes

I love people who use the term “snowflake,” it immediately means they can safely be ignored as they are incapable of an actual discussion and would rather just insult and spew mindless memes.

Thanks for the heads up buddy!

8 Likes

F in chat for no more “silver border hardstuck in plat.” :frowning:

2 Likes

Seems like a simple feature. Toggle feature to replace my border with a generic one similar to how players can make their profiles private,

Here’s a mockup… oh it won’t let me put a link to the mockup I made.

If you wish to put in a link to an image but you are not trust level 3, simply put the link between two tick marks like so:

`www.url.com/image.jpg`

That being said, I can say that when it comes to Overwatch, it seems like nothing regarding User Interface is ever a quick fix.

1 Like

I don’t see an issue, so long as I can keep my current (gold border) one equipped.

Borders should be as customizable as the character skins, although I’m fond of the current system so far as showing account level.

Regarding toxicity, I don’t get why so many people rag on non-bronze borders. Not everyone buys an ult account. Then again I don’t one-trick…

Yeah, I guess I’ll just have to buy another account and join the smurfs… till my account gets too high again and I start getting roasted by my teammates.

Level shaming is the most hillarious form of attack from another player I think this game has. “Lul plat border in plat”. I usually respond with something like “Lul using border as a metric for your argument”.

Anyone that uses another players level as a means of verbal or text based attack is an idiot and deserves to be called such.

Yes … I’m level 2,077. That doesn’t make me a pro. That just means I’ve played a long time.

Remember kids! Level =/= skill.

It just doesn’t seem right that I have to pay money to avoid being portrait shamed.

I’d like for the option to use old borders. If it makes it easier to avoid bashing over something stupid like silver/gold and in X rank. I’m in favor of it.