Please Activision Suits--- No Season/Battle Pass system for OW 1 or 2

Fortnite, FORTNITE changed the game, fort nite has made history by shifting the multiplayer aspect of current and future video game monetization.

Jeff, as you stated

Please give thought, and Expand the mini-event system currently in place, with guilds and possible future content updates {thanks to next-gen consoles} a Psuedo- battle\season pass can be achieved. Heck, I would rather pay for DLC expansion for OW 2 PvE than the current Systemic Strategy: copy fortnites success system taking over FPS like Rainbow 6, CoD, Destiny 2, and others likely to follow such as the upcoming HALO game… Even Mobile Gaming has taken heed and said this is too good to pass, easy cash-in to the P2W market.

FFXIV Online has shown that Exceptional PAID DLC content/expansion is worth the added price to a subscription based game, with ShadowBringers having fans praising the developer team for the story, classes, dungeons, and gear added in.

Reward the players for actually playing the game they love; & Not paying to unlock items that are time-limited. I would personally rather support the OWL or have another PINK mercy- esque skin than be introduced with a Battle/Season PASS.

Just my 2 cents…

Fortnite is a battle royal with Plants vs. Zombie graphics.

Comparing it to Overwatch is…awkward.

3 Likes

Yeah a free to play game being better than a paid game makes the paid game look bad lmao.

They are two different genres of games, so comparing them doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Fortnite is what I wish Overwatch was… Supported.

1 Like

Isn’t a season pass/ battle pass just new sets of payments every season? I don’t want that.

3 Likes

OP, what do you think about loot boxes being considered unethical?

Loot boxes went on high alert , but then got lobbied into Orisa Halt…

I dont understand people not seeing the comparison… Modern Warfare went battle pass, Destiny 2 _ A Loot SHOOTer went battle pass … Even Halo REACH on MCC has a battle pass system… Rainbow 6 siege An OPERATOR based teamgame went battle pass… ARE PEOPLE NOT SEEING THE TREND???

So what kind of stable business model do you suggests for OW to keep its services up? Competitive multiplayer games can’t rely only on game sales these days, unless you’re okay with p2p?

imo battle pass is the correct way to go. We can opt to pay for a certain amount for a transparent amount of in-game reward.

1 Like

Nothing. They making their money off of OW Scam League.

What happened to putting out a good game and then just patching it to support it as time goes on? Quit catering to businesses when they should cater to us.

2 Likes

With the customer base rejecting loot boxes, they’ll have to look towards some other way of sustaining long-term development of the game and paid seasons/battle-passes seem like a good fit.

Either that or yearly sequels.

They’re not a charity.

I can’t say about the other games, but Destiny 2 players are getting tired of the battle pass.

We went online, do all of the season quests, get the season exclusive exotics that may or may not be crappy, and then back to grinding bounties just to get farmable loot.

It is boring.

I understand and share your concern, OP. If they do make it a battle pass system (ugh), then I hope that Blizzard go the route they took with lootboxes - you pay cold hard cash to get cosmetics immediately, but it’s still perfectly possible to earn the rewards through playing the game. Given how generous they’ve been with OW1, I am cautiously optimistic.

1 Like

Activsion suits dont read forums, and they dont care about what you think.
if they want to put battlepasses they will.
if they want to make ow p2w they will.
Jeff is doing his best to keep the game the way he thinks is the best, no need to make damands no one can do anything about.

2 Likes

Their both big competitive games. Just because they arent exactly identical doesn’t mean you cant draw ideas from one another.

Especially things like features and development. Fortnite has been praised for making huge game changes often, to keep the game continuing to feel fresh and new. Fortnite is not afraid to make big changes.

Where Blizzard do like to take it a lot slower and more polished route. Until now when Jeff said today they want faster moving metas.

In the 100 questions to Jeff interview. He was asked if lootboxes will be in OW2 or not. Jeff said they haven’t decided on a business model yet. This is probably because they might be forced to move to subscriptions anyway with the threat of lootboxes being banned.

Paladins has one, and even Warframe. Fortunately in Warframe you don’t pay for it, and they use it to add new story content.

or theyre gonna put loots AND subs AND battlepass.
we never kno, and they prolly cant do much

i dont like battle passes because youre paying for a privilege to grind for stuff…i mean, what?
i’d rather pay for expansions , they can make money by making tons of pve content , if its good ofc…and just sell skins for money and coins.

2 Likes