Please abolish rolequeue, everyone hates it except some tryhards diamond and above

Maybe if you share your sandwich with him .he will stop spamming .

1 Like

It’s better than 6 dps on a team

3 Likes

I am not a tryhard
I am not diamond (well not on this account which my main D:)
I love Roleque
Why did you generalize me with you?

2 Likes

Play Arcade with the rest of the heathens.

2 Likes

Considering 2-2-2 means I’m no longer forced to play support or tank because nobody else will, I f*cking love it. It’s definitely not perfect yet, but it’s a start.

2 Likes

Yes, those quotes were from when RoleQ was still on the PTR. I clicked them and checked the dates. We’re now almost two months after its Live release. Now that the dust has settled and people have truly decided, especially since not everyone played the PTR to begin with, where are such Dev claims and quotes now?

Go ahead, I’ll wait.

3 Likes

I can’t believe you made me read everything you wrote. I’ve never cringed harder. But just to summarize…
You have no proof that RQ was actually detrimental or beneficial to player count. All we have is dev saying things like “generally positive feedback.” So if you want to argue over the legitimacy of the developers I’m here for it.

Non-initial supporters aren’t gonna make posts about how good RQ is because of their pride.

1 Like

The amateurish strawpolls showed a 2/3 majority in favour of 222, before 222. And a follow up meta study had it pegged at 6/10 (60%). My own vote was able to shift things by 1.5%. A majority, yes, but not a hugely convincing one. The quality of the polling was brought into question, because of its amateur-hour type of survey design, its smallish sample size, and that it was mostly sourced from an echo chamber of schills.

Thats rubbish. The most trustworthy source is a transparent one, that is impartial, and which you can publically audit. They have every incentive in the world to not admit fault, cherry pick their own data, and use protectionist language and blanket statements.

Its easy enough say things like ‘generally positive’ and ‘the majority wanted it’ - and it would be true, but that is extremely devisive. Enforcing 222 - You’re literally alienating a massive swath of your playerbase and leaving so many out to dry. They don’t seem to address the negatives in their statements. Things like how many active players the game had before and after. I would bet the playerbase greatly shrank.

Exactly. LFG provided a workable solution for those interested in trading off queue times for game quality (supposedly). But now we’re all made to suffer.

Don’t. I’d also love to see a developer statement that shows factual numbers, pre/post player counts, satisfaction levels, etc. Not holding my breath though.

They’re too all-in on 222 to admit fault.

4 Likes

you’re not the majority of playerbase. You don’t like role que? Leave the game then. or stick with quickplay classic. This feature should have been implemented years ago. And right now, it’s at its most basic version possible. Blizzard’s lack of proper management in this matter isn’t role que’s fault.

1 Like

That “opt-out feature” already exists. It’s called QP Classic.

It’s literally just that. You queue up for that instead of regular QP if you want to play a game without the role lock limitations. :man_shrugging:

what could they have done differently? Genuinely curious, because I can’t think of many improvements they could have made, short of having a more balanced number of tanks and supports, which is obviously a hard issue to fix retroactively.

Im tryhard and master, and i hate it.

1 Like

for starters, they had 3 years of discussion in regards to this role que, and they implemented the most basic version imaginable.

People talked about having a separate role for off tanking or main tanking.

How to deal with que times.

In game role swap possibility for different players.

The possibility of a player changing roles in case of a leaver.

Dealing with high tier players of grandmaster and above que times, since there aren’t that many players in that category to begin with.

Then there was a whole argument about suggestive role que, which means people choosing their preferred role, playing in 2/2/2 but can flex in the game if needed and aren’t simply locked in.

We had the idea of a total rank reset with the new role que system, that now splits the rankings into three.

So many discussions.

Blizzard just implemented the most basic version, without any thoughts behind it. they didn’t change any ranks too. So even the most garbage dps players who had gm level support accounts, started as gm’s with their dps rank and tank.

The system was good. Implementation was horrid.

1 Like

It’s more along the lines of 100% casual competitive. Your standard players aren’t competing for big awards.

-Overwatch
-Competitive

You can’t pick both.
The game punishes skill and rewards the easy way out.

To me try hard isn’t “trying hard to win” but the person who wants to win so bad they will be toxic or whatever just to get the win.

This is a horrible argument against role lock that has been debunked time after time.

Do me a favor.

I want you to list every single composition combination you can within the confines of 222.

I’ll be here waiting.

Flexing in and of itself has never been a great way to approach the game.

Find a role you are good with and play that role. Luckily, with split SR and Role Lock, you can improve on all of those roles without risking the experience for those in your skill tier on said role.

Lol what?

What does that even mean?

You can easily still carry with DPS.

Since when did this become an argument?

HAHAHAHAHA!!! What!!!

I’m crying in sheer laughter! XD

How does role lock cause rank imbalance? It considers strictly the role you are playing at the time and it places you in matches (to the best of it’s ability [which I’ll admit aren’t 100% accurate]) where your skill ranking on your role combined with your team’s skill ranking on their roles are equal to the enemy team’s skill ranking.

… wait…

… wat?..

I cant cringe harder when people dont even know the basics of “Burden of proof” here, because my statements here are 90% DEBUNKING people that claim “vast majority” with absolute ZERO actual stats/facts to back it up.

So if you find my logical train of thought flawed, congratulations buddy, you also destroyed your own point … because you have to reach REALLY HARD (like flying to a different galaxy HARD) to take 1 random statement after a PTR patch and claim that means the “vast majority of the community supports 222”.

And people that left the game because of RQ is not going to post here … you cant just bring excuses to the table because it suits you, mostly because everyone can see that and refute it.

So if you think you can refute my statements, you are actually destroying your own stance, because it has even LESS of a leg to stand on :rofl:

1 Like

Ah yes, the classic excuse - “just go to arcade”.

1 Like

No, it is not. Now you have to deal with healers divign 1v6 caue they’re DPS main’s smurf and just wanted a fast queue or two snipers trying to poke two shields. Nothing is “more balanced”.

Its actually the best kind of argument because it does not draw on example. It can’t be debunked. Its just math. We did the math. There are far more combinations when you’re in an unjailed regime. I don’t have to list compositions. Go look up some basic combinatorics. 222 is a proper subset, there are fewer compositions, you have less to work with, you can’t be as creative.

The rest I’m not responding to because you apparently reject basic logic.

3 Likes