Players turning into floating Orbs

In Competitive mystery hero’s there is this glitch where every player in the game is turned into a orb just floating around and making 0 noise. I have a clip to show what I am talking about, but for some reason you can post it in the bug report. It happened to me on the 3rd round after switching to a new hero and stayed that way until the game was over.

The clip I have is on Metal tv under the same name as this account

3 Likes

This just happened to me as well

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve linked the competitive bugs megathread at the bottom of this post, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug. I’ve compiled a list of similar posts regarding similar bugs under: Invisible Player Models. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

1 Like

Thanks for helping me get the word of this out and no problem I will help spread the word

2 Likes

This happened to me today (26.3). Completely ruined the match for me as I didn’t know which teammates were where, or which enemy was in front of me. The orbs are also so small and floating directly above the ground, that most of the time I didn’t even know an enemy was there at all.

1 Like

I resolved this by moving the game to a different partition (away from C:)

1 Like

was it on lucios home map?

1 Like

Yep happened to me too! Thought it was just my xbox struggling. It was so frusterating because I couldn’t do anything. Luckily it happened at the very end of my match.

1 Like

Happened to me on Havana

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate it. None of these issues will be solved if people aren’t vocal about them so if the others in thread could, any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated as well.

1 Like

if have a clip if anyone needs to see it, teammates and enemy were orbs, 90% of game sounds were gone, no feedback from shooting/using cooldowns, my own character model was missing. really awful bug to get

1 Like

Yeah this just happened to me game code: DCHJ5A at 9:40 I notice my sig is invis and is just an name which becomes an orb when he moves but It confused me, the replay shows them normal but the sig and hanzo in the spawn I couldnt see.

Then later in the match more people would go invis and have no sounds, there was a pharah in my face you will see in the replay but for me was invis and a orb through the air was my only clue an enemy was there and just sprayed and ran away xD EVEN I GO INVIS EVENTUALLY on junkrat with NO WAY TO SEE MY BOMBS OR SOUNDS and then I was just stuck invis for (most) of the rest of the match no one in the game believed me either, I rez a teammate at some point and an invis reaper just kills and was silent this needs fixing ASAP

PS: The first half of the match was fine just when the second round started

1 Like

Most players just upload clips and other evidence of their bugs to Reddit, Youtube, or Imgur and then paste the links to them in the comments. Anything to help the Devs acknowledge and fix this bug would be appreciated.

1 Like

This same thing has been happening to me over the past 3 days and now my game won’t even load at all.

1 Like

okay, i made it into a highlight so it shouldnt get deleted after a few days

the 1st half of the video is unbugged but i included it to show the match chat where someone says its happeneing to them so they leave and rejoin the game

then it happens to me in the 2nd half of the video

at 8:40 my gun model returns so i think its fixed itself so i slide in to the entire enemy team so i can take a better position… without realizing theyre right there in front of me, effectively throwing the match :frowning:

video link is here

1 Like

Thanks for the link, I’ve added it to the list under: Invisible Player Models & Non Bug Forum Links.

1 Like