Player icon on forum doesn't update

I would appreciate if you would change the icon again and see if it works.

I use OW1 icons and still have the problem. Players who played OW for the first time when OW2 launched do have OW2 icons on the forums. I’m unsure if all OW2 icons works but I know some from season 3 do.

Any news on this would be nice!

1 Like

Trying logging in and out, it sometimes works for me.

Ya forums icons and player profiles seem to be stuck in limbo. I also have a different icon and my profile still thinks im my old name drunkinjedi.

Overbuff still has me listed as that name with no updates since the time i changed my name heh

1 Like

Mine has been stuck for over 2 years. I have reported it in the bugs sections several times and many others have also reported it there, they just don’t care.

Looks like they broke the logout page on the forums. Try clearing your login cache from your browser and logging back in to the forums. Not that it I know it works… just something to try.

1 Like

My icon is from competitive 4v4 and that’s from OW1. It hasn’t changed in more than a year despite my numerous icon swaps.

Yes, I log out and back into the forums. I even do so on multiple computers. No change.

Could be that something else is broken. The forums are an interesting place. You could also be logged in from multiple devices and the cache is reloading your previous icon.

As others have said it’s a long standing bug. Far as I know though all you had to do was log out and log in again to get it to show. Though some delay from when you make the change in game might apply too.

But I haven’t touched it in ages, and I really couldn’t care less about it.

1 Like

Nope. Blizzard has still not fixed the bug lol. I believe the issue is that they haven’t updated the link properly between OW2 and the forums. They probably link the game icons to OW1 hence why you can’t change the icon. It would be interesting to see what what icon are loaded for new players who recently has made an account changed the icon before signing in for the first time on the forums.

Will they have the default OW icon or the one they use in-game? I’m pretty sure they would have the default OW icon on the forums if Blizzard hasn’t updated the code for linking the game icon to the forums.

For my knowledge I’m only signed in on my gaming PC and no other devices. I’ve had this bug since OW2 and never had issues with changing forum icon in OW1.
I haven’t heard yet of a single person who has been successful in updating the profile icon on the forums since me and other people made posts about the bug.

Is it just the new icons, or do even the Ow1 ones not work? I am curious if perhaps the new pictures were not added to the forums as they really get no attention any more.

It’s basically the last place the Dev’s post anything and I can’t even remember the last time I saw a blue name post anything.

1 Like

Nope. It’s OW1 icons aswell.

I stopped trying to update the icon long time. Ago

Any update?

1 Like

Nope, I am stuck on my S2 profile icon

2 Likes

I was reading how the coding is still tied to Overwatch 1, and instead of Overwatch 2.

The coding on the forums, as PlayOverwatch website is based on OW2, but here on the forums is still based on OW1, so whatever player icon you have since OW1, is what is going to be displayed here on the forums.

Until the devs update the forums to OW2, we are stuck on Overwatch 1 coding. I do not think you are able to load up Overwatch 1 to even change it as the servers are down.

2 Likes

Its not, because it worked in S1 of OW2 and sometimes in S2 if I remember correctly. But mid S2 it stopped and thats it.

3 Likes

Mine definitely changed to something I wasn’t even using at the time during OW2 (I had briefly weeks before but then moved to something else) and I’ve been stuck with this since. Luckily I don’t mind it but I’d love to be able to change freely.

I’m just glad I got stuck with something I don’t hate. But seriously they should fix it. I haven’t used this icon in a long time now.

First I got stuck with the default one, now I am stuck with this.