Player feedback for ptr

Whats the point of ptr if they ignore all ptr feedback including bugs. For this thread I’m not going to argue about balance changes, but the fact that it is very common for blizzard to push through bugs even when they are reported on the ptr for weeks. Why even have the ptr if they aren’t even going to listen to the bugs listed in it?

6 Likes

That’s a question I want answered, by Blizzard staff. Our input feels like it’s completely ignored, even regarding bugs. Why? Can we at least get a reason why?

3 Likes

I would say ask the devs, but… they’ve proven they only intend to respond with childish remarks.

Yea… Very informative.

Oh, you’d like to know about the state of heroes that haven’t really been mentioned in an official capacity in literal years?

Tell that to the largest forum threads on this site jeff.
On that note… tell them anything and they’d be happy.

All we’ve asked for is open discussion, yet… this is what we get.
Silence, and heavy handed excuses.

2 Likes

@me all you’d like by the way, I’ll be watching the second Bastion megathread to see if we reach 17,600 responses tonight.

I’m pretty sure they’ve been on record saying PTR is only for bug fixing. They don’t consider it for balancing since the playerbase who actually gives feedback on these things is relatively small

Jeff stated something in a video sometime ago along the lines of they’re building the game they want to play.

It would have more players testing on those servers (A lot more)
If real changes were tested there in the first place, not just showcased.

I’ve heard it said before - PTR is just to see how things work with a smaller amount of players. Because once it’s on PTR, it’s basically going to happen in the game. I’ve only seen it happen once where something on PTR didn’t come into the game because of something a player said.

Yeah I agree. People gave up on PTR after they went ahead with that terrible iron clad bastion buff regardless of feedback they got

2 Likes

But then again, going by the definition, it’s what it’s made for.
" The Public Test Region ( PTR ) is an alternative region available on the Battle. net app that allows players to beta test select features before they are put into the full game."

It doesn’t say anything about testing/finding bugs.
Would it be useful? Yes.
There were many bugs that players found that Blizzard never seemed to pick up on. :confused:
I guess the game they want to play has lots of bugs in it.

1 Like

EXACTLY^^

Everyone for every reason they could think of, bad and good, told them why it would be a bad idea to push it through, and yet… they did anyways.

And now it’s landed Bastion in a worse place than he ever was before, at least they are slowly… very slowly helping to cushion the blows, but he’s still not actually worth playing, especially to those who love the hero.

But even then, they don’t listen to feedback about bugs either. There is a bug for doomfist’s ult that was put on ptr, and was mentioned by players for like 3 weeks, yet they still pushed the bug live.

1 Like

The PTR is mostly for us to try out the changes they are about to implement. Its almost never really about gathering feedback.