Play support against doomfist

This is why he’s not as huge of a threat to me. I only swap off Zen or Ana after I can use their ult, or if my team is doing a horrible job at keeping me alive that I’m there to be farmed.

Ana is pretty f in the match up, Zen gets deleted, Brig is mediocore, Lucio pretty good, Bap get’s shredded, Mercy can escape, but it’s not that easy and Moira is just the best choice

Playing against DF is not fun as support

brig is hard countered by doomfist…

Idk why people think Brig is so good against Doomfist when Doomfist was literally ran during GOATs meta as a counter to Brig, constantly displacing and one shotting her. At best she is average

Brigitte does somewhat well in my experience too. But it’s all about positioning, timing and a bit of discipline which seem to be abstract concepts to some people.

When I do play Mercy on occasion, while I can’t kill him (and I’m not supposed to), escape is usually pretty easy unless he catches me in an extremely bad spot.

And I don’t run into enough Doomfists as Ana to really voice on the matter. Nor do I play the other supports enough.

I find Brigitte quite viable against him even countering him and mercy able to ignore him for the most part with smart movement, the other supports seem to have more issues but Lucio still feels fine as long as he uses his mobility to stay off the ground

Play brigitte.

1 Like

What?

Lucio can’t even be harmed by doomfist. You stay on the wall and none of his abilities work on you.

Mercy can’t be hit by doomfist. You simply guardian angel away when you hear him coming, which is super loud and obvious.

Brig’s whip shot is on a very short cooldown and completely interrupts doomfist’s ability to combo.

Ana hard counters doomfist, he’s easy to sleep. Landing nade after he initiates onto you ruins the break points and forces him to get a pixel perfect combo or to retreat.

Get better at playing support before complaining about a near F tier dps hero who literally has to be melee range to do anything.

3 Likes

Her whip shot is completely different now and if you can hit it you completely cuck doom.

Which is better than Ana, Bap, and Zen in most ranks. There is reason to swap to her, but no support really “shines” as a Doom counter. Just ones that can deny kills more frequently

It isn’t supports job to 1v1 everyone. Sometimes a supports counter to an enemy is escaping and keeping the team alive.
You need to sit down and learn what it means to be a healer.

1 Like

The problem stems from the lack of options the support role has to work around EVERY type of DPS while still being an effective tool for the rest of the team.

If you’re playing Reaper, and the enemy team swaps to Mei to counter you; you still have plenty of burst damage heroes you can swap to that also have longer range to avoid Mei like Ashe, Widow, Echo, or McCree

If you’re playing Zen and Doomfist is camping you, you don’t have the same option to swap to another hero who can offer the same type of value as Zen. Mercy has damage boost to cover for Discord, but it doesn’t have the same value, and Mercy also lacks the damage portion of Zen. You could run Baptiste, but he’s pretty weak overall

That’s the issue. If a support hero is made just flat useless, there’s next to NO overlap with what they do compared to the others. I mean look at the situation we have now; Mercy has had 0 changes. Echo was released and Ashe was buffed, making them the best DPS duo in the game, and Mercy is on the way to bypass Ana as the most used support with literally 0 changes to either hero since 2018

2 Likes

Brig and Ana can stun Doomfist.

Stuns are Doomfist’s biggest counters.

That means TWO supports counter doomfist.

Hmm…

“It’s fun to play”. The point is to keep the DPS one-tricks happy so they buy another smurf. A support should be able to survive one hit from a DPS hero, why do you think there’s so many “mOirA Is oP” threads? Zen might as well not be in the game, cause he’s got nothing on DF (anyone else can at least move better or self-heal).

I wish players share replays to judge better what the issue is and perhaps better prove beyond anecdote where the strengths and weaknesses of the characters really lie.

Ana is usually my go to support to counter a Doom. Pretty easy to hit a hitbox the size of a tank.

Doom even gives Moira a hard time.

I have no problem against doom as lucio more than any other dps. I imagine brig works well too.

I like to go for Brig because I know doom has to fly EXACTLY towards me to get any value. He practically delivers himself to my stuns.

Even as a brig he is hard to deal with. If my shield bash is on cooldown im pretty much dead since brig doesnt deal much damage and he is able to rocket punch through shields ( <why ?)