Placed at B5, curious if B6-10

I was looking at the rank icons from OW1 and complaining about how the new ones were kinda ugly. Then I noticed that the SR range for bronze is 1-1,499.

If every tier of every rank is 100sr, then Bronze should have like 10 additional tiers. I don’t have much time to play, but some other people in my group have won 14 consecutive comp matches to place in B5 twice. I think that just means their hidden mmr is set below 1,099*.

I just think it’d be nice to know how far below the 1,000sr threshold I am. Maybe wood or iron tier? Idk lol

TLDR; bronze 5 accounts for 1,099 mmr if other tiers account for 100mmr.

2 Likes

There is no SR system

Can you explain to me how the ranking works then?

It’s hidden and blizzard gave out little details. All the people saying SR still exists are just coping because they’re stuck in bronze. I ranked up from Bronze 5 to Silver 1 in like 2 days.

1 Like

You are correct. I’ve been trying to spread this info around so people are less confused if they place into Bronze 5 and stay there through multiple 7 win sets. Bronze 5 includes the equivalent of a 1100 SR range, so something like GM and Masters or Gold and Plat, etc. It’ll take a while for someone to climb through Bronze 5 if they initially placed toward the lower end of Bronze 5, and there’s no real way to gauge how far along that climb someone is.

People keep saying it’s a bug, but it’s really just the equivalent of 1100 SR being kept in what looks like a 100 SR space.

3 Likes

I wonder how these people would react if the ranking system was like CSGO lmao. It took me months to get out of silver 1 and 2

Lol good on you. But your personal experience doesn’t contradict the popular theory that the new ranking system overlays SR.

I had tested and share my assumption it was hidden here: