Place your bets on Mercy's next nerf

If you ask me, most of it was other support mains who, instead of asking for buffs, wanted Mercy knocked down a peg. I am not entirely sure it was “the entire community.” Sure, I saw a few DPS mains who believed she did not have counters (wut) and tank mains talking about how bloated her kit was (the irony). But those are rare instances. The VAST majority where always like, “why is Mercy must pick” or “why does Ana have to aim and get less value than Mercy” or “Moira is worthless because she does not have the utility that Mercy has.” I read A LOT of those threads and I was not seeing an entire community come together for anything more than a nerf, in the general sense, because they were obsessed with her pick-rate. The healing nerf specifically clearly stemmed from the support community, however.

That is just addressing the first sentence. After that, you ironically do the same with a weird passive aggressive jab at Mercy mains and call them all whiners which is somewhat fair. Albeit, I feel as though any group would “whine” under those conditions. In my opinion, Mercy was never overpowered but now she is balanced. By that, I mean, she did more than the other supports; however, that was because the other supports were quite weak. To that end, it was so much easier to just give Mercy a massive nerf and slight buffs to the few struggling supports to get the support diversity back. But I have a feeling we will encounter similar problems in the future because this is a bandaid solution.

Removed the bug that caused Mercy Ressurection time to be only 1.5 and increased the time to 10.5 sec

Commentery
We really saw many players complaing about how fast mercy ressurect players and also run away after the action. We decided to put some work into it and changed the time of her ability. Also now you have to wait 2 minutes to use it again.

2 Likes

That poster is referring to mass rez days.

Edit: nvm I might be thinking of someone else :dancer:

Im rooting for 5 seconds ga

I reckon they’ll just leave her like this for, oh maybe half a year if we’re lucky? Then they’ll just rework her again.

150 hp…

I’m betting on her passive regen

Honstly it should be 2 seconds, 1 second just seems too fast.

1 Like

lol

There won’t be anymore nerfs, but they’ll probably buff her healing in valk though.

When will these stop

Seems likely enough but her winrate is starting to rebound a little so there might not be any buff at all.

hitbox or dmg lol

tswetyd

Idk but my bets are on 5 more nerfs and she still won’t be balanced.

Why is this thread not locked up for the obvious spam/trolling that it is? Not to mention accusing and insulting DPS players?

2 Likes

How is this thread spam or trolling? I see no accusing from the OP and people on this forum insult support and/or tank mains as well.

Answer:

All of the above

Has anyone even posted the Moira popcorn gif yet???

Considering how long this nerf was after the previous one, it sounds like they’re about done. It still took 13 nerfs to put her in line with the other 5 healers, though…

When you have nothing smarter to do with your life…

1 Like