Place your bets on Mercy's next nerf

Jeff - “We think she is currently balanced and needs no changes”
Seagull - “Nerf her”
Jeff (next week) - “We’re Nerfing Mercy”

She wasn’t a must pick for some time. The reason why Jeff and team Nerfed her this hard and buffed basically all the other healers at the same time is simple - they want to drive the point home so people will finally stop defaulting to Mercy and accept other healers. I wouldn’t be surprised if they buffed her in a month when new Merciless meta comes to be a standard. It had nothing to do with balance and all with a player’s perception of it - which has a momentum of a fully loaded cargo ship with a drunken crew.

2 Likes

Mercy’s HP balanced from 200 to 150 , in which 149 are fast decaying Lucio Barriers that can only be replenished by dying

Strange… could have sworn there was a nerf for Mercy on the PTR right now… Blizzard must think she still need some more nerfs.

Because DPS mains are the devil.

And the cause of all that is BAD with overwatch.

Dps mains set fire to my house.

Stole my gf

AND kicked my dog.

Yawn. Seriously. The moment I see anyone talk like this- i instantly take them less seriously.

Its us vs them! No neutral parties! All bystanders will be shot.

Aria. Seriously. stop. You do not help your case at all with conversation like this. You’d be far easier to take more seriously. The moment you boil conversation to this- you’re every bit as bad as the people your criticize.

But you’re just a mercy main- so I’m not surprised.

See what I did there?

8 Likes

It was about 2-3 months between nerfs.

LMAOOOO are you talking about this?

Mercy

Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain ultimate charge from using her damage beam on attacks that cannot be damage boosted

This has been one of her bugs for a while, she could get ult charge from junkrat’s tire even though she could not dmg boost it. This is them literally doing their job and fixing broken code.

What PTR nerf? Bug fixes are now nerfs? Interesting.

Well, if people can argue that Moira’s bug-fixes are in fact nerfs then I reserve the right to do the same for Mercy…

but, I agree with you that it’s good that they fix bugs and that is clearly a bug. Was just trying to make a point that it’s not always about needing a nerf. Blizzard keeps making Mercy less powerful because… well, sometimes I don’t know why they make certain changes to be honest… While I understand that they needed to make Mercy less powerful I often wonder over some of the nerfs they gave her as they had little effect on her power and just made her less entertaining to play.

1 Like

What would sound better? “Hero main”?

Bookmarking this thread specifically to shame people in a couple of months when they start asking for nerfs again, because it will happen. It always does.

2 Likes

Moira’s bug fix, was stated long before implementing it. IT was a seriously important change that ACTUALLY affected her.

Mercy’s case is a bug. Exploiting something that shouldn’t have happened. Gaining ult charge by something that wasn’t happening. If tomorrow, genji gets a new bug that allows him to gain ult charge while in the middle of blade, do you consider it a nerf to remove that bug?

As for why mercy is being nerfed, The answer is obvious. She used to be low effort high reward. And ana was high efforts low reward. Changing ana alone wasn’t enough to fix it. So mercy needed to be toned down for a more balanced outcome.

Also, the healing nerf didn’t change the viability of mercy. She still deals more healing than ana and most other healers. It’s just that with the change in meta and fights transitioning from long range sniper battles to close range brawls or diving, and the lucio buff, ana just provides a better mid fight kit than mercy. Of course, only if you’re skilled enough with ana.

1 Like

The Mercy circle **** is getting old at this point :^)

The thing is, a not too long ago, she was able to damage boost Hanzo’s Dragonstrike and guess what? It increased the damage. But now she can’t. Is it a bug fix or nerf?

1 Like

I don’t understand who these DPS mains are that complain about Mercy so much. I quit Mercy after Season 4 and became a DPS main. I never had an issue with Mercy.

They just whine to whine. Blizzard used to ignore the whiners when this game first came out. I see now that they just balance to keep people quiet, regardless of whats really needed.

If you didn’t ensure Mercy was dead before you Ulted and she Rez’d everyone, that’s your fail as a DPS. Accept it and continue on. But nah, we’ll just complain on the internet.

5 Likes

I am perfectly fine with the need for a balance and that Mercy needed to be toned down. But they also lowered Mercy’s skill ceiling in the process. If Mercy was low effort high reward she is now even lower effort slightly less high reward. The nerfs made her easier to play, and as a consequence less fun to play.

I have made a thread on the topic that you can read below (please expand it as it is more than one paragraph):

She’ll have to periodically reload her staff.

I mean 80% of other threads are also not constructive in anyway. Because guess the next Mercy nerf is apparently on par with, if your main was having cereal for breakfast what would they choose… :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hmm might be a possibility, seeing how the developers could have beene testing the possibility Moira’s healing ability

There won’t be another Mercy nerf, because she’s more in line with other supports. Not necessarily in the best way, but she’s in line with them now.

That is what they always said. “She is balanced now”.
Month more of whining… “Next nerfs are on the PTR”

Sorry, seen it too many times.