Pink Mercy solution

I figured out the solution to the pink mercy skin problem.
I understand the people who missed out on the skin, wanting it to return,

and I also understand the people who have stuck with the game for years, wanting the pride of having such an elusive skin. Both are valid.

My solution is to release the pink Mercy skin again with a charity event, but this new one is the 2024 edition. The only difference is a small 24 on the corner of her armor that you wouldn’t notice unless you looked for it.
That way New adopters get the same skin and old heads keep their original.

3 Likes

No. Instead, require everyone who wants to cry about the dumb skin to first post proof of themselves donating $100 to the BCRF.

14 Likes

Very unconstructive.

2 Likes

Its a Win-Win! :partying_face:

Personally, I wouldnt mind a remixed version with Mercy’s OW2 base skin.

I figured it would be the best way to keep everyone happy.

1 Like

just admit you dont care about the the charity.

6 Likes

Didn’t I sayin the post to bring back the charity event?
Which means to get the skin you have to donate to charity.

1 Like

This is a good solution if there has to be a compromise. But I think anyone favoring the exclusivity of a skin over making money for charity shouldn’t be listened to. Money for charity > videogame skin sold years ago staying exclusive

I think it’s OK if people want to have their exclusive skin. There’s no need to tear down a wall that’s not blocking you.
As long as it comes back with a charity, there should be no complaints.

I dont have the skin and I dont care about the skin. Just donate money to the chairy before you continue spamming.

3 Likes

I don’t know why you’re so bitter on here, but I’m going to move on to someone more productive

It’s fine to want it to remain exclusive, but you have to look at the situation objectively. Why should something that is clearly in high demand, and would make a lot of money for charity, remain unsold just cuz somebody else wants to be the only one that owns it? Seems selfish to me.

I agree, which is why I said bring it back with a charity event, but just give it the 24 watermark in the corner.
Nobody is negatively affected

You just watch you-know-who posting that it won’t be the pink Mercy skin and it won’t going to cut it…

2 Likes

No idea who that boogie man is

I have the skin and don’t mind if it comes back as a new charity event. The only thing I’d ask/want is that there be a second BC skin for a different hero sold simultaneously; as a package for those who want both skins and separately for those who already have Pink Mercy or who only want the second skin. What hero it is isn’t really important, though I’d prefer a female hero.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t see why they don’t just make a brand new Breast Cancer Awareness Skin entirely for another hero. This would encourage previous and new players to contribute.

Nah, I have way better idea, hear me out.
First off, the hell with gatekeeping skins, especially charity skins, screw FOMO.

1. Make a brand new skin (e.g. Purple Gigachad Sigma who sings CAN YOU FEEL MY HEART when ulting, for testicular cancer research - JUST AN EXAMPLE. It can be Pink Kiriko instead, whatever.)
  2. Sell it ALONE for $15-$20
  3. Sell A BUNDLE with the Pink Mercy and Purple Sigma for $40-$50, some high price.
  4. DO NOT sell the Pink Mercy separately

So:

1. Those who want a Pink Mercy can get it, but it costs way more compared to the people who already bought Pink Mercy initially, and the fact that they already had it for 6 years. And it’s such a popular Mercy Skin, people WOULD take it for that price.
  2. Those who just want the Purple Sigma, get the Purple Sigma, e.g. people who already had Pink Mercy.

Exactly what I would suggest!

Looks like they are gonna release recolour soon.

Why do you care whether they care about the charity or not? If they donate and get the skin it’s a win win.