Pink Mercy skin

If they just let you buy it separately, it’s not for a “good cause” the way it was originally. The clerical work around funneling profits to charity is nontrivial, so they’d essentially have to organize a new charity event built around the same item. Given how many of the interested people already have the item, it seems hard to justify that cost.

The only way I can really imagine it coming back is if there’s another charity event specifically for BCRF that includes a new pink item and also tacks on a purchase option for the old Mercy skin. It just doesn’t seem very likely for that to happen, as they’d probably want future events to support different charity organizations.

1 Like

Ok, here is what (most probably) is going to happen:

• the Pink Mercy Skin is not coming back (it is listed as “Legacy”)
  • the event was a huge success, so there will be another one
  • the new charity event will be for a different charity and will have new cosmetics (which will again be listed as “Legacy”)

The reason for not bringing back the Pink Mercy Skin is simple:
They want to raise as much money for the charity as possible during the charity event because it not only benefits a good cause, but also is very good publicity for the company and the game.
If people knew they could always buy the skin later it isn’t exclusive anymore and many people might end up not buying it at all even if it would be available in future events.

You can agree or disagree with this decision, but it is probably the best way to ensure that future charity events will be just as successful as the last one and people shouldn’t forget that it is a charity event after all.
It isn’t only about giving the players a new skin, but about raising awareness and money for something important.

Either wait for the next event to donate some bucks and you will get a skin as a little “Thank You!” in return, or donate money for a charity of your choice right now and get rewarded with the feeling that you did something good not because you got something in return, but because you cared about the matter by itself.

3 Likes

I want it for my PC account :sob:

1 Like

They still are. You enjoyed using it for a long period of time.

1 Like

I want it soooo badd but it’s ok if it doesn’t come back :confused: I kinda feel like an idiot because I was quitting and I saw it and I thought I didn’t need it and now I’m back and I’m kinda mad I didn’t buy it but it is what it is there is nothing we can do about it ;-;

2 Likes

They did here.
It’s listed under legacy as well. It’s not coming back.

If they chose to redo the campaign they’d do so with a new pink hero.

2 Likes

Oh well at least she is getting all star skin ^.^

2 Likes

Unfortunately they did they said “ To complement the release of our limited-time pink Mercy skin.” :frowning: I’m starting to believe it’s not coming back :”((

1 Like

You didn’t pay for Oni. You had to play Hots which is a free game.

1 Like

Noire can’t be obtained without buying an account, all its codes are expired.

1 Like

Don’t worry guys! You can get it for the low low price of $600 on Amazon anytime!

https://www.amazon.com/Overwatch-Xbox-One-Pink-Mercy-skin/dp/B07KJPGMBB/ref=sr_1_24?keywords=overwatch+mercy&qid=1555992088&s=gateway&sr=8-24

1 Like

Imagine if someone paid for that account and then it comes back again. That would suck :”/

1 Like

Mine expired code still worked.

Really? I’m pretty sure I heard people mention it doesn’t work.

If they bring it back for any reason other than another round of charity that would be messed up

Why would it be free? You got the skin first cool good for you. Whats wrong with someone who never even had the game to have the option to buy it.

1 Like

This is why most skins in the game have absolutely zero value, anyone can get them and it’s not uncommon to see them.

Honestly, seeing the Blizzcorn skins and the preorder only ones are something of a novelty at times.

Nice, and whats wrong with them never be availebel again?

Sincerly Hamen
~Pride of a nation a beast made of steel-Bismarck in motion king of the ocean~

1 Like

If it means helping people beat cancer, then that’s always a good idea