Pink Mercy in Overwatch 2

Why tho? Isn’t the twitch drops different from the pink mercy skin?? Because you literally had to buy to get the skin.

But with the twitch drops you only had to watch…So why not just do it again or something or add them to a challange or whatever??

One should only be able to acquire a charity skin by paying actual money that then goes to said charity

I am not against twitch drops in general, and certainly, non-charity skins could be part of such a thing

4 Likes

Today is world cancer day…

Let us all stand together and unite in hoping for the pink mercy skin to return soon and hopefully raise many millions of dollars for charity…

Together we will beat cancer…

:heart:

4 Likes

As much as i love Overwatch, i genuinely believe this sort of tie in is not going to happen anytime soon. Until Blizz/OW get their reputation back, which might take a while. The Pink Mercy Charity event was great, but as someone said, it happened 4 years ago. Instead of making so many posts about the skin, why not direct your energy to charities and donate regardless of whether the skin is there or not.

As I stated earlier, BCRF to this day says they continue to be in contact with Overwatch/Blizzard. And that they appreciate the love Pink Mercy is getting. But they also said that the decision to bring it back is more up to Blizzard than it is to them.

5 Likes

Groups A and B have been explained multiple times in this thread and other Pink Mercy threads

6 Likes

Blizzard brought back a Pachi-Marchi event and all “exclusive” cosmetics with it in the third season…
So, for me, there are no barriers for developers to bring back Pink Mercy event! I hope it will be in the nearest future (maybe in the 4-th season, as it will be in May and original Pink Mercy event was exactly in this month). I had a vision like a real prophecy: we all are going to have one more chance to be real guardian angels and help this organization by donating money, and as a gift, we will get Pink Mercy skin, which in my opinion, the best in the game)))
Bring back Pink Mercy, Blizzard!!! Heroes never die!

8 Likes

CB it’s okay to wish the return and everything. I would very much support her return to all of you! you know, I already made that very clear!!! But you’re pushing the envelope with this prophecy and conclusion that “in such a season she returns.” you are here to make the return request (I am here to support) but what you are saying is perhaps some desperation? Calm down friend! We all know she can come back. Don’t create this in your head and in the minds of newbies reading this! a hug. Do not freak out

1 Like

Jesus, talk about grasping at straws :rofl:

But don’t worry, there’s a solution to all of you folks who sooooooo eargerly want to contribute to BCRF: go donate right now! That’s right, you don’t need a game event in order to do this! I’m sooo happy that you wish to help this cause out of the kindness of your hearts with no strings attached at all :heart:

Glad to have been of help :+1:

8 Likes

Actually not everyone has the luxury to “just donate”…

Some people have the disposable income and others do not…

2 Likes

Senseless yapping! The amount of $15 you would spend on pink mercy can be directly donated to BCRF right here:

https ://give.bcrf.o rg/give/302920#!/donation/checkout

3 Likes

Once again not everyone has the luxury to spend or donate that kind of money especially in these times…

2 Likes

Nobody is saying you have to buy a skin. They’re not going to give Pink Mercy away for free.

4 Likes

They’ve given away plenty of other skins for free so why not…

Personally I think it should cost somewhere between 2000-3000 virtual currency and Blizzard could donate the $15 on behalf of the player…

1 Like

Well that’s a totally different discussion, Pink Mercy was an incentive for players to donate. Blizzard’s contribution was to take a loss on making the skin.

Players spend the 2000 virtual currency on pink mercy…

Blizzard donates to the charity on their behalf…

Seems like a fair exchange to me…

Hardly “taking a loss” in this case…

The differences between group A and Group B have been explained many times in many Pink Mercy threads

“just donate” is an appeal to Group A

Pink Mercy is an appeal to Group B

as such, saying “just go donate” in a Pink Mercy thread in essence misses the point entirely

actually, no loss at all

first, it becomes a tax break for Blizzard

second, it earned Blizzard some good PR, which has value not generally quantified in dollars

4 Likes

They spent development resources making a legendary skin without profit. You’re asking them to additionally donate millions of dollars. Sure it would be great if they did that, but we shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

No I’m asking them to provide an exchange:

They donate $15 in return for 2000 virtual currency spent by the player on pink mercy…

Do you have any idea if they’ll re-release cyber demon genji or any last battle last skins? Just curious