Pink Mercy in Overwatch 2

Nope. They can actually just bring the event back. It will still be exclusive to the event, and also still only available for a limited time since there was a significant time between releases and a narrow window in which to purchase.

1 Like

actually, given that Blizzard did the actual work on the skin, it’d be their call to choose to remove the logo if they wished in order to remove BCRF from that part of the equation

the fact that Blizzard hasnt done so is indicative to me that BCRF isnt demanding full dissolution of relations with Blizzard

and again, thank you for this civil discourse

2 Likes

If you looked at the picture I posted earlier, you would see I already have the skin.

I’m interested in this topic for a few reasons

1. I think that a re-release would benefit the BCRF, which is something that I care more about than exclusivity to my skin. As someone who purchased it multiple times (myself and others), I think that voicing that is valid.

2. I think there’s some ideas floating around that I view as incorrect. One the idea that they cannot bring back the skin, and two that it is likely to be easy. There’s nothing on the receipt of Pink Mercy that guaranteed it would never return, nor the advertisement put out before people purchased it. So, Blizzard can bring it back. I think it’s highly unlikely to be easy to bring back however because that skin is a BRANDED collaboration skin, which likely means that BCRF holds some cards when it comes to its release.

1. I think it’s quite unfair and frankly a bit gross how people are attacking the character of those who want the skin back. Some of them only care about the skin, but it’s not mutually exclusive to want to donate to BCRF and want the skin. Nor does wanting your donation to be through the skin make someone taking advantage of the charity. That’s a gross accusation that actively harms the charities, because they explicitly sell goods because they want them to be purchased as it helps them.

A long while back, I saw a kid get tons of negative posts because he wanted the skin to remind him of his mother that died of breast cancer. He also donated each year and even provided evidence. And people still were hounding that kid about just wanting the skin. It really made me re-evaluate this accusation and turn against it.

Someone can want the skin and support the BCRF. And you cannot tell which is which by the request alone. A lot of people are only making that accusation because they want the skin to not be released, and are using that as a shield from just saying that. But take advantage of that charity how exactly? Giving it money for it’s cause? Buying something they want to sell to raise funds? Making charitable goods seem desirable? It doesn’t hold up to scrutiny.

3 Likes

Again, that’s not how these contracts work. They tend to have terms to benefit both parties. Blizzard knows how much money this one skin would likely make. They know it would likely be a best seller. They aren’t leaving the money on the table for no reason. The reason is likely partnership deals with BCRF…

I’m not saying BCRF has wanted full separation. I’m saying they probably don’t want to do a PR thing with Blizzard at this moment. And Blizzards ability to re-release the skin is probably linked to their partnership deal, because that’s how collaborations tend to work. I could actually see this skin returning someday in the far future as part of a second charity event. I don’t see the skin returning outside of that.

2 Likes

well said

thank you

2 Likes

I can of course see the reasons why BCRF (or anyone) wouldnt want to be associated with Blizzard right now

…however…

If we take it as assumed for sake of argument that BCRF has some sort of veto power here, I still think its possible in the here and now for this to happen. This is because I am of the “money talks” school, and I am certain there is a dollar figure at which BCRF would be agreeable to a re-release, and ergo would not use said assumed veto power

Will this happen? Dunno.

Can it happen? I am certain it can, if the decision makers pursue it

again, thank you for the civil discourse

3 Likes

Well sure, I’d bet that BCRF would have a price. But I’m not certain Blizzard would want to pay it, especially if the terms stipulated that they’d once again have to give all the money to BCRF. I think when it makes money and PR sense for both parties to want to collab again, there’s a decent chance it will come back. So I’m not in the it can never happen camp, but I don’t think it would happen anytime soon. I just don’t see it being worth it those two parties at this time. BCRF would probably want more than Blizz would be willing to pay to associate with them right now. When the current legal dust has settled, and Blizz has good PR again, I could see it happening.

And no, problem.

1 Like

For me, the immense need for PR repair that Blizzard has right now simply increases the price they’d be willing to pay to make this happen

I am certain both sides are well aware that the price rose dramatically in the wake of all the troubles Blizzard has right now

and again, this is taking it as assumed for sake of argument that BCRF has some form of veto power…this is not something I am conceding

1 Like

Everything you are talking about has already been addressed by blizzard as to why they can’t do it.

There’s nothing more to say

Which is why I said you should be advocating for another charity skin instead of kicking a horse that’s been dead for 4 years.

They arnt going to do pink based off all the communication they gave

2 Likes

while I understand and accept that you personally feel that the Pink Mercy skin is “not very good”, there were nearly 900 thousand instances of it sold in the original offering for 15 USD apiece

this appears to indicate to me that plenty of people felt otherwise

beauty being in the eye of he beholder and all that

2 Likes

I’m sure someone bought it because they liked it, but it was also very influential that it was said to be limited edition, so there were surely many speculators, in addition to the fact that there are people who like to collect that type of thing, such as the zarya league skin which is crap, the truth is now it is very coveted it will not come back anymore because I don’t know what problem there was with the player who designed it and it is very limited and coveted

1 Like

Of the 900k who bought it I am sure many many many of them liked it

I dont think a player designed the skin…I believe the dev team did the design and build

3 Likes

so I noticed that Blizzard was making certain things only available in Bundles, like the Kiriko witch skin

perhaps this could be applied to a second release of Pink Mercy. They’d need to build some small things like maybe a weapon charm, a name plate, stuff like that. The existing owners of the skin could simply be given the bundle pieces free, so they get something out of the new offer

Personally I’d prefer the skin be offered by itself, but this could work…it’d be far better than the skin not being available at all

3 Likes

and now (just announced in the last 24 hours or so) Blizzard is taking the individual purchasable items out of packages…so maybe this isnt going to be a thing longterm after all

1 Like

I also believe that Pink Mercy shouldn’t be deleted from the shop after 24 hours and show again later. I believe that there will be a separate page with charity (like the one we have with Overwatch League). Yes, it might be expensive for Blizzard to create it, but , anyway, it will be some kind of a respect to charity organizations and people who buy this skin. Moreover, I think that Blizzard can add some kind oа weapon trinket in the form of the pink ribbon - the symbol of the fighting with breast cancer. Also, there might be some kind go a background in the profile. “Mei-be” (as Reinhardt say) these additional souvenirs will also force people to donate and buy this skin. So, what do you think about these additional souvenirs?

2 Likes

I wear pink mercy skin just to annoy people

4 Likes

Well, kinda sucks that you on purpose use charity organization to cause hate around you.

5 Likes

Well, I don’t see “a hate around me”. Moreover, I DON’T see the reason for hate me: I just ask Blizzard and BCRF organizations to bring back one particular event and charity skin. AND THERE IS NOTHING BAD IN THIS REQUEST! I don’t want anything bad for community and society.

1 Like

was addressed to FoxPurple who states that the reason he/she uses the skin because he knows it annoying people around them.

5 Likes

OMG! I am so sorry :sob:

4 Likes