Pink Mercy in Overwatch 2

I have pink mercy i wouldn’t mind if it came back to support charity again.

3 Likes

Limited edition and exclusive content is a huge motivator as well. The success of Pink Mercy was attributed to these facts. The facts of this campaign were intentional. If Blizzard and/or BCRF wanted to do an annual campaign, they would’ve done so. They intended to create a unique one-of-a-kind campaign for Pink Mercy and accomplished what they set out to do. An annual campaign doesn’t have the same drive, interest, or urgency. It was also clearly not what they wanted to do. They deliberately marketed the campaign to emphasize these facts. BCRF has been doing charity drives for nearly 30 years; they know how to drive interest, and donor incentives are a critical aspect of those drives.

1 Like

Iron knee :surfing_man:

threads like this one help demonstrate that there is still a strong demand for this product, years after the original offering

I wont discuss mass rez in this thread other than to say I am glad it is gone

2 Likes

Hear, hear I’ll drink to that :beers:

1 Like

Based on a lot of the logic in posts in this thread, you could assume theyd bring Mass Res back just because they didn’t say they won’t :smiley:

2 Likes

I got in^^ My pink mercy arrived safely from PSN hell!

https: // i.ibb.co/XXXx37J/MERCYOHMERCY.jpg
1 Like

Nine hundred thousand out of over 50,000,000 is indeed unique and special. It is so rare and special that people like you have been clamoring for this highly coveted skin for years. To your dismay, each year goes on with nothing changing. Pink Mercy is unique, limited, coveted, and one-of-a-kind. It is the first and ONLY charity skin for the game, which signifies its status as a genuinely unique cosmetic item. It represents and symbolizes a few things no other skin accomplishes. So I understand your covetousness.

Another selective and contradictory comment from you. In posts like this, you like to minimize the nine hundred thousand participants, and adding only a few hundred thousand more won’t change anything concerning rarity and uniqueness. With raising money posts, you exclaim that there are “millions of players” with second and third accounts that want to buy the skin to raise hundreds of millions for BCRF.

So which is it?

2 Likes

Yes and no, the demand is high YES, but I remember WyomingMyst saying that it is highly unlikely for the return due to legal issues.

Again, I am all for it to make a return as I already have it, but I am more up for the offer to just offer another charity event that features another hero, such as Baptiste or even Lucio. It is not about “either-or” it just Blizzard would have to go through hoops with the BCRF as it is an exclusive skin tied to the donation, therefore they would have to get permission and/or just create a knock-off version of PINK MERCY… maybe even change the appearance or color scheme of the skin.

I agree with you on this one, as I am not going to derail the thread, but based on the logic it could make a return, but just like Pink Mercy the chances of that happening is very slim… but one can only hope right.

1 Like

All of your fairytale suggestions and justifications were dismantled here: Pink Mercy in Overwatch 2 - #443 by Joseph-1998

Yeah, but it doesn’t fit their intended desire to return Pink Mercy! The reason is immaterial: bring it back for charity, bring it back for good PR, use cancer in this way, charge more money, etc. Just bring it back! Any posts rooted in reality and fact are ignored because, according to the proponents, “Pink Mercy will return.”

You don’t even have to wonder or guess. Those handling the campaign’s facts and intent were made clear by the approach and implementation of their vision. There is no ambiguity that Pink Mercy was a one-of-a-kind campaign event. The fact that they chose such a limited 12-day window tells you everything you need to know. In over four years, no movement, not even a whisper or hint of anything changing. There’s no appetite to change what was obviously the intended goal. Blizzard and BCRF achieved what they set out to do, and those choices were beautifully executed. It was a remarkable campaign featuring a truly special charity skin!

Those are in-house, were never marketed the same way, are not donor incentives, and Cancer Awareness is not an in-game event. Apples and oranges. And things being done one way for some things doesn’t mean it should be done that way for everything.

We won’t know until it is announced, and it will be too late by then. So if people demand and beg for Pink Mercy to return, those of us who would rather it not, now is the time to express those views.

awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

While I am also not trying to derail, I would hope the next BCRF skin goes to a character with breasts again lol I don’t think Baptiste or Lucio really fit the narrative.

1 Like

Maybe we can get Testicular Cancer Society Lucio? Autism Speaks Symmetra? It Gets Better Soldier 76? ASPCA Hammy? So many options to raise awareness using other heroes and causes.

Prostate Cancer Awareness would be a good one.

I don’t know how to interpret this. It feels like you want conversations to not be disagreements, because a big part of disagreeing with someone is pointing out how something they’ve said is bad. Obviously everyone here is guilty of that.

That’s not what I was arguing against though. I was purposefully avoiding responding to every argument I’ve seen for why people think it shouldn’t return. It seemed too long a process to go though and it was somewhat encompassed by earlier statements I made on the subject a ways up.

The response you’re referencing wasn’t about pros/cons of the skin returning, but about avoiding selective reading/interpretation of things stated deliberately to be vague. I think Blizzard’s PR-speak is not a slam dunk for any position which is why I was showing how it can be used to argue any position on this topic.

Was I not supposed to read your question as condescending? The point of the statements you were responding to was to show my acknowledgement of the CM quote and it’s likely implications WHILE using it to point out the wording being vague enough to also be meaningless for prescriptive statements or promises. That was the point, so I read your comment as either half-attentive or a way of messing with me.

I’ll apologize for reading into it, if so. I do notice you aren’t calling out the person who agrees with you for the behavior that got me in that mood though, so I’m skeptical on the sincerity somewhat.

But you didn’t say how saying Pink Mercy shouldn’t come back in the post I reference. You said that suggestion threads shouldn’t have people saying it shouldn’t come back. Those aren’t the same thing.

I genuinely wasn’t trying to be condescending with my question about the quote. I genuinely feel like a statement from the Community Manager themselves is powerful enough to indicate the skin won’t return. But there is genuinely no way to tell. You clearly aren’t putting that much power in their statement, and that’s okay. At this point with their quote we can only agree to disagree about it’s importance. Neither of us know how much power that quote holds but when I wrote my response, I genuinely wasn’t expecting a person to think it was meaningless.

I was wanting to know why their statement wasn’t enough to prove they want the skin to be limited. I couldn’t think of any single way to word it without straight up asking you, and I included my last sentence to imply there was no sarcasm or whatever in my post.

I agree with you and wanted to add that PR reps usually like to keep the doors open. They rarely want to rule something out permanently - even if the odds are 0.01% of something happening. This also avoids upsetting a segment of your base that wants to see the change. That statement is probably the best thing you will get, but there’s more to consider.

You don’t need a definitive answer to reach a reasonable conclusion. The facts can help close the gap that a PR statement is unwilling to do. All indications point to a one-time event that will never return. I outline why this is my take on this topic. Some people disagree but have yet to explain why they believe “Pink Mercy will return.”

How it shouldn’t? Like the ways they should avoid reimplimenting it vs the ways they should do it?
I would hope they would do it through annual charity events rather than just adding it to the cash shop, if that’s what you mean.

No, I didn’t. I was pointing out how nobody really makes suggestion threads to advocate for things to ‘not happen’ if there isn’t a hint or indication something might happen. It was used as a way of going further into the thought on why community members at Blizzard would comment on having “no plans” for doing something but not comment on their lack of plans for never doing something.

To put it simply, they don’t do it because nobody expects them to.

You can make a forum thread on whatever you want, it would just be weird to make one asking for something to NOT happen without indication it is in the works. Likewise, a developer wouldn’t bother stating they have “no plans” to “never” do something.
Or at least, they wouldn’t do so unprompted.

On the contrary! I think these statements are very powerfully crafted by corporations for their own interests. It is a way of NOT answering a question because you don’t want to be held to an answer. The answer allows them to make any decision later without it being a lie.

It would be like if you told me not to speed when I take your car for a spin. “I have no plans to speed in your car.” It’s kind of a non-answer and that is by design.

Answered and fair enough. I will do better at not letting mood from one interaction color the next in this environment. I apologize.

1 Like