Ping System coming to OW2

If the ping system has ONE FEATURE, alerting your team of low health enemies, it will already be miles ahead of what we have now.

1 Like

Hey Andy I’m sure it’s been tough staying tight lipped about this while there’s been so much griping. Thanks for baring the brunt of the storm. Can you comment on if it will be a part of the communication wheel or an entirely separate feature? If not totally cool with a sit tight. I’m just excited to hear more.

3 Likes

I understand that more info is coming, but I’d love to see a demo of this system. We won’t get any info from the early testers because they’re under NDA.

Tbh I’ve wanted this for so long since I want to ping flanking hogs so bad… but I’m not so sure how often they’ll be flanking in OW2

1 Like

Very genuinely curious about this one, excited to hear about it.

I called it lmao.

Ping system is great for a game with a minimap. But unless it causes someone to glow like a Christmas tree I don’t see how it can work.

Though if it does work it will be really nice for everyone to just ping who is low.

Based on my casual Apex experience, definitely sounds like a major improvement to me.

While there’s technically voice lines that can sorta manage a similar thing, binding them all takes a lot of key space (many of which are not as easily accessible on the fly) and work to memorize.

Oh I see. This should be very useful in lower ranks.

1 Like

Can’t wait to spam ping and use the voiceline “No.” :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Yeah, especially if you are solo queue’ing and you want to let your team know quickly but without speaking or messaging.

Yeah we’re definitely going to see a mute function for that now :v

better be an option to turn it off, yes I see the dva in front of me you dont need to ping it

1 Like

Hopefully you guys can include some instruction on how to use the ping system and include a FAQs in your upcoming report on it.

Would definitely appreciate it.

it is absolutely necessary considering the userbase that lives in a deafmute world.

It’s one of those things that should ALREADY be in the game

I know no better way than asking you this directly. Give us please the ult icon for friendlies next to name/hp bar just like it happens with enemies that have been hacked by sombra. It’s a huge QoL/UX update not to have to constantly toggle scoreboard to keep track of that ult you’re trying to combo with.

2 Likes

works fine in apex legends and COD on console now

tell me there is a cooldown to how often you can use it.

Because if there wasnt, spamming would get 10x, no, 100x more problematic

This will be interesting to try!

Thank you Andy for coming by here and telling us about it!

Do you have enough trolls at blizzard though to fool test it ?

Like remember when apex pings came everyone was praising it but then in games people started spamming, abusing and trolling with it.

Also this takes away a great game play experience, like you know when you flanking as doomfist and only the enemy ana notices you, you can notice the terror in her eyes as she is wildly flailing for help.

Sometimes you can just be hiding behind and spamming hey there and see the ana keep looking behind instead of healing tanks desperate for help.