Ping increase after patch

since the new patch my ping has been fluctuating from 60-80 while before the patch it was at a stable 40. Whats the issue here

2 Likes

They made the servers “global” so now you can no longer pick your region/server and it will pick one close to you based on ping

It really sucks, but I assume like most terrible changes, there is no plans on changing it lol

2 Likes

i’ll probably get banned if i say what i want to say so i’ll just say that this is the worst update in the history of overwatch. I dont think any other patch made the game as unfun as it is now, who in their right mind decided to release a patch that makes the game perform worse.

4 Likes

I can name one person who didn’t make the decision. :slight_smile:

Oh, they have been ignoring anyone who has been begging them for a data selector etc…

Here is their most recent post, so much of this topic is people begging to be allowed to pick their data centre and being angry about being forced into a server they don’t want to be in, but they just ignoring everyone and updating with stuff that most of the people in that thread don’t care about.

it makes me so sad that they never listen to us… and then just out of nowhere strip something we’ve had for 5 years without even giving us an in-game option…

2 Likes

I’ve heard of people using firewalls to block themselves from getting into certain servers. Of course the quirky MVP of the forums says it is not a good idea to do it. However in the grand scheme of things who does it really hurt?

all regions are under the same server now, so if you’re getting 100 ping every game you’re being put in a different data center

1 Like