Phone plan being solved

Nevermind, it let me sit in a queue of 800 people, when it finally got to 1, it told me i needed my SMS anyway.

Oh well, so much for that theory.

Well since there was the option in the first place you have at least given hope that they will fix it

Oh, I’ve been having hopes since they announced this BS and found out that Cricket is not considered a real phone service provider…

Loyal fan for 20 yrs, gets shafted by some cell phone partnership with Blizzard/Activision.

I’m pretty sure the “DDOS” didn’t actually happen lmao, I mean the same thing happened before when the original beta came out, I’m guessing they just didn’t upgrade their servers (buy more) cause um… Blizzard doesn’t really care about their products.

1 Like

The only reason I honestly kinda belive it might be a ddos is because if not the real issue normally gets leaked pretty soon

I kinda lost hope only because they have had issues with cricket for a LONG time but never to this point.

Funny how they can do an interview with a gaming Journalist but cannot post that on these forums

1 Like

Man forget the phones Let me hop on the server !

They said they would say something this afternoon but it’s well passed afternoon where I am. I’m EST. I guess they’ll say something tomorrow?

They’re based in California so I’d give it awhile longer for today. We’ll see, at least.

1 Like

Its 5:10 where I live and Ive yet so hear anything else as well

1 Like

Oh true! They did say “potentially” looking at it now so it might be tomorrow?

Yeah Id wagger that too

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I hope they do actually give prepaid users a way to play OW2. I bet a whole lot more innocent players are being punished with this restriction in place compared to the amount that do cheat or smurf.

My guess is they will just require SMS for competitive and not for the entire game. That’s the easiest solution to this.

As someone who Cant do the Sms its not perfect but hell Id take it

And we do without kids, cheaters , smurfs, who just want to make new accounts when banned.
Best possible solution this.
We dont want cheaters just getting another phone number when banned.

So cheaters roam the fun part of the game?
Comp is boring.

Seems they’ll be removing the phone requirement for OW1 owners,
expected to be implemented around the 9th (next week).

as expected. it makes sense tbh