Phone plan being solved

Blizzard announced they are working on a fix for people with prepaid phones like cricket wireless as soon as later today.

4 Likes

Oh link? The forums is already an angry wasp nest so proof would be best to add.

8 Likes

Just read an article on IGN where they contacted Blizzard and asked about the issue. Cant post links though it wont allow me.

2 Likes

I’ll check it out since I can and edit this response.

When IGN reached for comment, Blizzard responded, saying, “We plan to address this sometime soon, potentially this afternoon.” We will update this story when Blizzard addresses the lack of access for users with prepaid phone plans.

3 Likes

Hey doomers, where you at on this thread?

Hey darling. Don’t miss us too much, we’re still here.

4 Likes

they realized how much they goofed at least, but the fact they even thought it was a good idea speaks volumes

6 Likes
3 Likes

we were busy protesting so blizzard could change this.
were were you instead? telling people to shut up and change number?

14 Likes

And, it’s not as if Overwatch fans with prepaid phone plans can even return to the original game, either, as Blizzard shut down the Overwatch servers to prepare for the sequel’s launch this week. Rather, players who launch Overwatch will be prompted to update to Overwatch 2. Blizzard made the decision to shut down Overwatch 1 in order to retain a unified player base in the new game.

When IGN reached for comment, Blizzard responded, saying, “We plan to address this sometime soon, potentially this afternoon.” We will update this story when Blizzard addresses the lack of access for users with prepaid phone plans.

My only worry is that they don’t even specify that they’re going to fix any issues, just that they’ll address it. I’m hoping that they actually do fix it, rather than just double down or make clarifications on policy or whatever.

6 Likes

I only have a house phone.
This is incredibly inconvenient, as it cannot receive the text message for confirmation.

Do you know if the fix will include VoIP services like Google Voice, as well?

2 Likes

My guess, they make it so either

1. Prepaid works for everything
  2. Prepaid works for everything but only for OW1 owners
  3. Prepaid works but only for Quickplay/Arcade

don’t be surprised if the solution is something like “buy $40 worth of cosmetics”

1 Like

Internet rule №32: “Pics or it didn’t happen.”
Or to put it another way:
“Do you have a source for this claim?”

No announcement as of right now and we’re all just as lost at this current moment. It likely won’t include VoIP but there’s no way to know. We’re not even sure yet if they actually intend to fix it, just that it’s going to be discussed.

Good, cause I want you guys to watch as you keep taking these L’s.

Links and sources were provided

They’re living in your head rent free

2 Likes