Phone carriers that DONT work for verification

Even then it’s not enough.

I have a ‘regular’ land line phone, from a big known company here (Videotron, Canada) and I pay my phone bills at the end of the month (Post-Paid). So my phone number technically qualifies as “post paid”, but it doesn’t work to access OW2 specifically. They need more from me and I have no idea what else they want. I pay for the phone services I have, it’s just that I don’t have a typical “cell phone”. I have an iPad and that’s where it stops. Maybe I’m not thinking of something else that might work but so far nothing goes.

1 Like

Hey Knighthood, I’m curious now that the game is live, do you have any issues with your prepaid? can you play?

Yes, I can play.
Let’s hope it stays this way :grimacing:

(post deleted by author)

Glad to hear that! fingers crossed!

1 Like

My metro phone works just fine.

I’ve never played a video game before that required a phone. This is stupid. I don’t own a phone nor want one, I want to play the game the way I did before.

I already have an authenticator. Why do I need this crap?

This is false as I pay a monthly bill and then they go on and tell me that Metro PCS does not work with their system. They lied, and stole money from me and are preventing others from playing the game as well.

Mine doesn’t. I pay 136 dollars a month for my phones. Not pre-paid at all yet they tell me otherwise.

Pretty much all phone companies have a service type listing. This list them as a pre-paid or something else. With the right connections you can query a phone number and it returns the company that owns it and their service type.

Source: I use to work for a phone company & ISP. We used these tools in programs.

I never said it was impossible, I said it was impractical for Blizzard to be doing - and I stand by that.

I attempted to use an Australian number in frustration because my american number is apparently being used on a different account (despite this being my only one) and it got denied because it was pre-paid.

Which carrier? Was it a landline number? Those are likely blocked. If it’s a number beginning in 04 and it’s blocked, this is the first documented example.

Thats 3 phone’s or more depending on the plan.

Cricket unlimited talk and text plan user here, does not work for me. had this contract for years