Phone carriers that DONT work for verification

telus canada works and rogers

So you registered your number ages ago, and you’re using your experience to tell other people having issues registering their numbers right now that they’re being misleading.

1 Like

It’s not impossible, but it’s unreasonable for what Blizzard is trying to do at a global scale.

Trust me, it really isn’t. There are companies that product is literally just this. They can incorporate them into their system pretty easily.

Yes, I’m aware of companies like Twilio. I’m also aware of how Australian phone numbers are assigned and regulated. As long as a device is capable of receiving an SMS message, there’s not much they can do.

Don’t try and “well actually” me. I have some idea what I’m talking about.

1 Like

My original post was about Australian numbers before you decided you knew better.

1 Like

Add me to the list of people who just found out their phone number (Cricket Wireless) isn’t good enough to play a free game.

Feel sorry for anyone who finds out a week from now when the game goes live.

Yeah, it was, but it wasn’t clear. Specifying that countries like Australia are difficult to determine would’ve made it way easier to interpret and clarified it a lot.

Also, sorry for my last responses, your reply wasn’t toxic I just took it really wrong since I’ve had an awful week.

Have a great night(or day if you’re across the world)! :heart:

1 Like

If your phone number doesn’t work on their website, it wont work in the mobile authenticator either, it’s the same interface. I’ve already tried it. My number doesn’t work.

But that doesnt work either, because my family dont pay for ‘phone cards’ Or minutes, we pay them 120$ a month for three lines and it doesnt charge extra for whatever extra data we use. Cricket, in it’s entirety, does not work for blizzard.

That’s how the world works.

Most people are using X in a perfectly fine and legal way.

So when you make laws to govern and restrict X, it mostly impacts people who weren’t doing anything wrong with X to begin with.

Sucks being collateral damage.

1 Like

Hey, how do you know that your number is working/not working with OW2?
I have registered a prepaid phone number for 2-3 years , and i would know if its working

1 Like

That’s not how pre-paid works, It has nothing to do with being unlimited or paying for minutes. I have a pre-paid plan that is unlimited talk text and data. Pre-paid refers to the fact that you pay for the month of service AHEAD of time, whereas Post-paid means you don’t pay for the month of service till the end of the month. They function similarly after you’ve had the plan for more than a month, but that’s the technical difference.

3 Likes

My dad’s Cricket plan has a monthly bill, i believe its post paid. I tried my phone number, didnt work

3 Likes

“DoN’t YoU gUyS hAvE pHoNeS?!?!”
But seriously, what a joke. I am in the same boat. Metro unlimited post-paid plan, but can’t add my phone number. All the time and money we spent in Overwatch, gone. All the revenue Blizzard would have made from us, gone. It’s literally a lose/lose situation. GMs have been less than helpful because with the ticket responses I received, it seems it’s a third party system they don’t even control. I guess Metro and Cricket didn’t pay the third party service enough to be added to the accepted providers list. Requiring people to change their phone plans in order to play a video game is completely out of touch and senseless.

1 Like

Well technically since it has to be postpaid, any carrier that offers prepaid doesn’t 100% support verification, so that’d include AT&T and I assume Verizon. In my experience, both Google Voice and Textnow have also had issues with Blizzard’s SMS only verification.

I can confirm MetroPCS works in the US in the state of Illinois (for my Chicago homies)

I have a regular plan with cricket. Its literally unlimited talk and text. It doesn’t work and it’s a load of garbo

2 Likes

I’m in that boat. it’s so dumb.

wired that metro not working for me

1 Like