Pharah needs a buff

As we can see, in terms of pickrates in the owl and diamond+, Pharah struggles being a viable option. With hitscan heroes (including Dva) she gets countered way too easily. Unlike reaper who has a niche for tanks, Pharah has nothing specific to contribute at all. Either we can increase the duration of her abilities or up her damage, or maybe even a total rework to give her purpose again.

#BuffPharah

12 Likes

What’s that word for that kind of thinking? Narrowminded?

Can I say Zenyatta needs a buff because he’s getting run over by Dive?

26 Likes

I think I speak for every one in platinum and below when I say:

Hellllllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooooooooo

21 Likes

Although reaper does have a little niche use, I would say he needs a little buff as well to make him overall more viable (even if it takes a bit away from tank killing). As for Pharah, I don’t know. She feels like she’s in a good spot, yet at the same time lacking. I’d be up to see what the devs have in terms of possible reworks, but I’m not sure what could actually be done that won’t change how she plays entirely.

2 Likes

Lmao at this.

Being by far the most consistent Bridgette counter is already a massive buff to a hero I would have called Overpowered beforehand.

No buff is necessary, so much as adding room for a player’s skill to factor into her winrate in any way, otherwise she’ll never succeed in the top tiers and never fail in the bottom. Bastion is actually a hundred times harder to play.

2 Likes

I think Pharah is in a solid middle spot. Pharah+Mercy is always there as well for extra firepower as well. And if you’re being hard countered (D.Va+Widow+McCree) then that’s up to you to have good game sense and switch.

1 Like

She has a 1% pickrate in GM, how do you consider that a “good spot”? She’s not even niche, just bad. She has too many counters, get’s countered too easily, and offers no purpose to the game. Everything she does, someone else can do better.

4 Likes

Pharah was balanced before, but now she is dropping down a few tiers. A slight buff might be necessary in the future, but we should wait and see first.

2 Likes

Oh boy another balance thread where OP flags people who disagree with him can’t wait to get banned yay

3 Likes

Why does every hero have to be viable at every rank to you people? Pharah is balanced, it’s just that Widowmakers are really good at GM and shut that **** down real fast.

6 Likes

On that note, is bastion good once you get higher up?

I want him to be :frowning:

2 Likes

The problem with pharah is she revolves around people NOT aiming. A character like that is… a problem.

When you get to higher tiers being in the sky is just a big “HELLO KILL ME, I HAVE NO WHERE TO HIDE”. Which means she would be more effective when on the ground.

The other side of this coin is the fact that other characters can do her job, and better on the ground.

This is the issue with pharah, she can’t be in the sky, which means she falls behind on the ground.

Players who can’t aim (or have a harder time like on console) get merked by pharah. This isn’t good game design in my eyes.

4 Likes

In terms of her feel, not statistics. If I’m playing her, I usually don’t feel like I’m constantly dying or not getting any kills. Damage buffs would bring back pharmercy (badly). Health isn’t too much of an option. What do you propose that wouldn’t completely change her play style?

It might be better with the new healer (for the added armor) + Mercy but her survivability largely revolved around Mercy. Ana having to tunnel vision to keep her alive never worked out well and Zen only does 30 HPS.

Wait what. A Pharrah buff thread? Have I entered the Future? MY TIME MACHINE WORKS

1 Like

I think most of the community feels she is fine. She has a place in the game at every level / rank, including even OWL where she is quite prominent. Idk, I’m not really a Pharah player, so it’s hard to say. It just feels like she is a little map dependent and also a bit team comp dependent. She also counters some heroes / comps HARD while her counters (e.g. Widowmaker) are really good at shutting her down. I wish every hero were like that tbh.

6 Likes

Pharah doesn’t need any changes to her kit. All she needs is more aerial cover and a higher flight ceiling on some maps.

1 Like

Dude she is opaf. Stop saying she should be used in every situation. Not gonna happen.

I find her OP, but then again I’m rank 22 and playing in free play…