Pharah is the only hero in the game that hard-forces swaps

Why not tho? Why not take small steps to reaching fairer interactions?
I’ve always wondered how pharah would be with less fuel, but some shield health.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, Sombrero players are always very upfront about their desires when they see me. And once they realize I won’t swap, the fun just never STOPS!

2 Likes

If the devs suddenly said:
“We understand that Pharah is not fun to play against in certain situations, therefore we are planning a rework for her.”

The forums would explode with threads and threads about who else needs a rework because of this.
“Sombra! It hardcounters Doomfist!”
“Echo! She’s just like Pharah!”
“Ana! It hardcounters Roadhog!”
“Brigitte! It hardcounters Genji”
And so on…
If the devs actually listened to all the complaints that seems valid, Overwatch would have been dead long time ago.

2 Likes

I would argue that they did, and that is why the game is as it is now, in its current state.

1 Like

So??? Deal with it, its been in the game for 5+ years, there’s nothing wrong with her design. She might need a few MINOR changes, but that’s about it.

1 Like

Meanwhile Hanzo is what y’all are pretending Pharah to be…… ain’t that some BS

I mean doom, Genji and Tracer force supports to Brig 90% of the time. But yeah Pharah is the only one who forces swaps.

2 Likes

Ok you hacked me, im still chucking my balls at your head after a shot you run or get killed.
Interaction over.

When you have emp I have trans and play far behind team now you can emp me solo waste of the precious ult.

You emp team, zeny boi come dancing in with lamp to turn the lights on.

Sombras are just another delica
…ahem fav hero.

Hard counters are bad but all of the above or fine cause my swap doesn’t need to be a exact niche role.

Sombra hard counters doom, I can still play a good 12 heroes without worrying about her in dps roster of 17 heck I would even say apart from doom most other dps can play around sombra.

Pharahmercy is not a hardcounter themselves the issue is she needs a hard counter to be shutdown, do you see the difference.

She forces a swap to a niche of 4 ranged hitscans in a dps roster of 17.

Can you see the difference between the sombra countering doom and this

That’s the issue people have.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this for ages, give sym a railgun!

2 Likes

Put a Mercy on someone vs Pharah for EZ WIN vs Pharmercy.

Echo Mercy > Pharmercy
Hanzo Mercy > Pharmercy
Mei Mercy > Pharmercy

No Hitscan necessary

4 niche + Mercy > Pharmercy too ofc

1 Like

This!
The problem with all the solutions to Pharmercy is that they are difficult to execute or force a swap.

And not just difficult to execute but reallllly difficult to execute.

Like when they say “just rush their team” do you really think I have a competent lucio player every game as well as co-oeperative teammates who are both willing to play that comp and also GOOD at that comp?

So that basically leaves you with going hitscan. Which isn’t even enough a lot of the time and you need a second person to either

1. also be competent at hitscan which they might not be AND willing to go hitscan
  2. A support who will pocket you correctly
  3. Maybe a D.Va who knows how to counter Pharmercy

There’s a lot being asked of your team. Because a Mercy on the ground is much more vulnerable than Pharah’s mercy. D.Va is hard and requires a timely engage along with the hitscan fire. And you may just not have a second hitscan (I’m not that good myself).

But when it comes to Pharah, Pharah just needs Mercy to follow her. That’s the co-ordination requirement of the duo. The co-ordination requirements and mechanical requirements of those that counter her are much higher. Which is why you are forced to swap to hitscan.

Yes there are ultimates that tear her out of the sky. But you do not always have these and they aren’t guranteed.

3 Likes

Tag line for Overwatch.

She is also a hard counter which is why that forces you to hard counter.

Pharah is the absolute QUEEN of hard counters.
Both hard countering a ton of thing while being hard countered herself effectively making her either ridiculously good in her niche or kinda meh everywhere else.

Ignoring the other Pharah poses the same danger as a Widow ignoring another Widow. If the enemy Pharah does take you out that leaves them free to bombard your teammates, especially if your team isn’t running any other Pharah counters. There’s a reason the ariel duel between Pharahs is so important in high-level games.

1 Like

I’m not gonna scroll the whole thread, but I’m sure there’s at least one “Hammond hard-forces swaps to CC, cause his spin is 2OP”.

If by “Pharah” you mean “good players that know how to use Pharah very well” and by “hard forces” you mean “to have at least 1 hitscan” … sure.

But then again, it also happens with Widow and Ball, so … nope. Not the only one.

1 Like

Good supports switch for flankers who consistently keep getting killed.

1 Like

Yep.

I always get game raged at when there’s a Pharmercy because I pick Reaper or Junkrat. They all worry about Pharmercy up in the air and they don’t realize that leaves ONE support to keep up 2 tanks. Instead of following suit and just trying to rush the other 4 on the ground, they all start screaming about hitscan, scream “DPS DIFF, DPS ASLEEP, KILL PHARAH” etc when the game could have been won 20 minutes ago if they just ignored her.

It’s the low rank problem. Everyone claims to know better, but they are all the same elo. It’s the same exact situation with Bastion. They all pick shield tanks and march straight into him because diving with DVA/Genji using matrix/deflect/dash is too sensible. What is the point of picking 2 shield tanks into the best shield break of the game? It’s like picking Ball/Doom to counter Sombra.

And don’t even get me started on the people who think 1 hitscan should be able to 1 v 2 with Pharmercy. The think just a single hitscan swap nullifies 2 entire heroes.

Yes, that is literally the entire point of Pharah.

Overwatch is a game built around switching, if you don’t like it then either ask for swapping to be removed or ask for other ways to combat this (Items maybe?)