Put Reaper's Normal Voice in all Modes (775+ Likes)

i really really want this but at the same time they would need to pay him more, AND he would need to record double for EVERYTHING new. The actors also dont just record for overwatch, they have other things to do and i dont think reaper’s va is available when they want him, he might also just not want to do it. If you think about other heros, like junkrat, who has a surprisingly available va, all of his legendary skins have unique voiclines, but reaper’s Dracula, an incredibly iconic villain with a lot of voicline potential has nothing.

You gotta remember, McCree’s va loves his role, and probably doesn’t mind recording extra bits for his character. But there’s a really good chance that the only thing keeping reaper’s va connected to overwatch is just a contract.

I would trade OWL for this

1 Like

Like 75-85% of it is already recorded though. In a YouTube video someone made with all his Reyes voicelines, there’s some that don’t play in Retribution. Ones for respawning, being on fire, picking up health packs, complimenting a teammate, solo elim, etc. I know they would still have to do the attack the objective and payload ones and all though.

I don’t know everything about voice-acting, but it doesn’t seem like a lot to record a line twice every time they add a new one (I could be very wrong). The VA’ll be coming in to record anyway. And like, Blizz isn’t poor. They got him to do a lot of recording for Retribution. Though maybe that’s why they haven’t added it, he did a lot for Retribution and is too busy with other things at the moment to finish recording the rest of the lines and/or Blizz spent a lot on having him do his Retribution lines so they’re just chilling for now (if this is the case, I wish they’d let us know…).

As far as Dracula not having special lines, it isn’t just that skin that has potential and doesn’t have unique lines. Mercy’s Winged Victory and Zhuque skins have potential and even some lines already recorded that would match them, but they aren’t on them. Also Mei’s Beekeeper skin (imagine: “Bees! Don’t move!” Instead of blue ice spraying out, to you it would be yellow, she would “yikes!” into a honeycomb, and maybe some bee puns for elims and such). Also Black Cat D.Va. So much cat pun potental! And maybe “Surf this!” for Waveracer and some water puns or something.
But yeah, there’s plenty of skins with unique voiceline potential that they probably just haven’t gotten around to doing, haven’t thought of yet, or the VA’s are busy/Blizz doesn’t want to pay for it atm.

Good point though, I’m not sure how much into his character/role Reaper’s VA is… :confused:

I would settle for not every new line being in his Reyes voice if that’s too much trouble, or it being delayed. I just really want this change. His edge voice doesn’t match the unmasked skins at all. His normal voice is great, I feel like I’m actually younger Reyes doing epic Blackwatch things. :grin:

I wish Blizz would say something about this, if it’s possible it might happen one day or not… It’s such a popular thing (especially right around Retribution) a lot of the community wants (though it’s arguably a small change), I’m kinda surprised they haven’t said a word about it. :frowning:

Just lemme know Blizz, if it isn’t gonna happen I’ll stop hoping. :upside_down_face: :sweat_smile: :cry:

Edit: Woops, wall of text. Sorry 'bout that. I’m quite passionate about this. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I really think it’d be cool if this was done! As far as I know, Reyes has all the voice lines except “DIE DIE DIE” and maybe a few misc. ones. Just a bit of extra voice work would be needed for this!

What if we could unlock a “sound pack” in a mini-event like D.Va’s Nano Cola challenge? Win 9 games, and then when you pick Reaper you can check a box near his skin select and use the Reyes voice? I think this would be a really fun idea.

2 Likes

I wondered if they might ever add voice packs. They could re-add Hanzo’s young voice as one. Plus a Genji one without the filter, younger Jack, and younger Ana. Reyes’ voice too, of course.

Maybe they could cost like 750 or so credits?
Of course not every hero would have one, but there’s a few that could.

There could also be an option to not hear voice packs, for people new to the game or while playing comp, so it isn’t as confusing.

1 Like

Don’t make petitions

I never asked for replies or votes. In fact. this didnt start as a petition at all. I only change the name when this thread blew up with 500+ likes in a few days. If Blizzars had an issue with this thread, they would have removed it or suspended me. Neither have happened.

1 Like

they’ll do that, probably

it’ll just take them an eon like it did to add ‘experience festivity’ to Zen’s Nutcracker skin and McCree’s ‘It’s high tide’ for his lifeguard skin when ulting

1 Like

Surprise surprise, I’m booping this again. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Never forget, we Reaper mains stand strong.

2 Likes

Boop.

I’m super excited for Halloween Terror. Hopefully Reaps gets another Legendary (he’s the personification of Halloween, please give him another skin Jeff, lol).

1 Like

I’d rather have an epic skin for him this year. A lot more people haven’t gotten one Halloween skin so far, and with the decline in legendaries overall I feel it should go to someone else.

1 Like

I’d like this but I’m guessing the issue is that they’d have to get the VA in to record all the oddball environmental lines (talking about picking up the ingrate in Route 66) and interactions (asking Mercy for her to tell him what happened to him), etc.

3 Likes

In the dev update Jeff said they had been reading the forums. Guess they still haven’t seen this. :frowning:

1 Like

I am disappointed in this company. Deafness and blindness in many aspects. But they working in cybersport for 0.001% of their players.

Boop.

At this point I’m just hoping it’ll be added next Archives.

Bean here all along, boop!

Hopefully one of these days the people who can snoop in the games files find some more of his Reyes lines.

Also, Gabriel did a great job on Halloween costumes this year!

3 Likes

every update i wait for the patchnotes to say what we are all wishing for but nothing yet. maybe if they revisit reaper (since there seems to be -some- people saying he needs a rework/update) they’ll look at cosmetic things and do that as well??? maybe???

1 Like

I hope so!

There’s so much evidence it’s gonna be added (all the lines in the games files), it’s just a matter of when…
I hope they don’t wait til next Archives, but I guess if that’s what it takes…

Also, I hope they add another story for Archives. Like, I hope they don’t leave Retribution as the newest one. Archives is an awesome event because lore. Maybe they’ll do an Omnic Crisis event? Or what happened with Rein in Overwatch?

I also really hope Jack gets a SEP skin next Archives. :smiley: His only “young” skin is Strike Commander. Gabriel has two. I want a Jack skin from around the SEP times. An event in which you play as Jack, Gabriel, and maybe Ana or Rein or just other SEP soldiers or US Army members would be a great event to add it!

1 Like

There’s a video on YouTube with some removed Reaper voice lines. Most of them I already knew, but there’s three I didn’t, and one he says differently. The voice isn’t so, I don’t know, edgy? It isn’t quite his Retribution voice, but it’s also not the usual one. The line is, “Reyes reporting.”

I mean it’s probably an old line, but it gives me hope, lol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes