Performance Issues

Noticed my framerate is super inconsistent lately. Temps and usage is fine. Some matches constantly sitting at 400fps and 70% gpu usage others sitting at 30% usage and sub 200 fps. Normally it seems to degrade over time. I have a very high end PC and nothing is thermal or usage limited. Graphics are all comp settings and have done all the tweaks I’ve found, even set the game to high priority.
Below is my dxdiag
justpaste.it/7wjhb

3 Likes

Optimizing for fps isn’t considered a technical support issue and goes beyond the scope of what’s supported in this forum. It’s usually best to inquire about optimizations on an enthusiast site, like a subreddit or hardware forum. In the meantime, here’s what I recommend:

1. Make sure you have space on your hard drive for optimal performance. Roughly 12-15% free space is needed.

2. Check the Windows Reliability History tool for any errors happening during the time you played Overwatch.

3. Run a DxDiag report(not MSInfo), save it, and then investigate any apps throwing errors at the end of the report.

4. Look for overheating with a reliable monitor that captures spikes (this is important).

5. Use benchmarking tools to see if any hardware is underperforming:

Note: Some of these tests, other than the first one, can take quite a while.

Additionally, your Pastebin is password locked, so no one can review it.

1 Like

I’m having almost the same problem at you but I won’t get support :frowning:

2 Likes
  1. Hundreds of gb free on m.2 ssd
  2. No errors for ow
  3. justpaste.it/7wjhb
  4. Highest temps were 60c and highest usage was 80% when fps was normal.
  5. Have done these tests in the past with no issues and high scores.

Your Pastebin is still locked. I hope you’re not trolling, but just open a ticket with the staff at this point. They require uploading the DxDiag and MSInfo.

1 Like

I’m sorry, never used paste bin before and I can access it on multiple devices fine for some reason. Regardless I have used another site that should work fine. Will also open a ticket, just thought I’d try the forum first.
justpaste.it/7wjhb

Tons of errors from OBS, probably the source of the issue.

Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: obs64.exe

I did notice that but I assumed it was when I close it while still streaming. The issues I face also happen while I am not streaming or recording.

OBS does run in the background after you close it.

Odd. Blizzard support agent thinks its something to do with resource allocation. I have task manager on my 2nd monitor and can see total usage of each part of my pc and how much each program is using. Even while streaming OW will be using 15% of the total 20% cpu usage total and majority of the 40% gpu usage. I’ve followed lots of optimisation guides so not sure what is causing the issue.

Same exact problem here. No issue prior to this patch.

2 Likes

That could be the OBS thing I mentioned.

Windows Task Manager is abysmal, I recommend using anything else to monitor usage.

1 Like

I do also use aida 64 on a sensor panel which I look at aswell however only shows total usage and temps.

Since this is a performance issue and falls outside the scope of support here in the forum, you may need to visit a hardware forum, subreddit, or local technician to track down the issue.

1 Like

Not sure if this is just a windows 11 thing because yesterday I tested with a clean GPU driver install, synapse uninstalled and off a fresh restart without obs running and still faced the issue. It could just be Windows 11 but not sure if the other people having this issue are W11 aswell.

Me and my bf have encountered frame issues as well, with mine dropping to 50 in game and staying and with a PC reset, it fixed itself. No issue with any other game besides Overwatch. It might be starting up wrong since this latest patch.

1 Like

Are either of you on Windows 11?

Try to disable fullscren optimizations this worked for me!

Its one of the first things I do when I download a game :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.