People who complain about "broken" heros

Tell me about it. People say my turret got all the widow kills, when it has a finite range. Then they actually look at the killfeed and notice it’s me sniping her better than the Ashe on our team.

Projectile master race.

Did I say YOU think Doom is broken?

I play Bap and Lamp is busted to heck.

I don’t play McCree but you don’t need to play him to acknowledge that he’s broken.

1 Like

yeah, you corrected my statement that said the same thing that I said.

When people complain about broken heroes and they’re not saying Tracer, you 100% know that it’s either a trollpost or someone’s personal venting topic which is probably something you want to stay away from

1 Like

I never said you think Doom is broken, I was making a point. If you can’t see that then I can’t help you.

1 Like

so at the very least, Immortality field is an instant shot of 150 health, possibly more because it brings them to 20%

so in theory, immorality can give a DPS hero 190 health instantly

an instant shot of 190 hp isn’t broken?

this doesn’t even get into a scenario where it can, oh idk, save entire teams from dying or misplaying

Nah I played baptise and got the same rank on him within a few hours (< 5) that I spend hundreds of hours grinding on soldier.

I stopped playing soldier and play pharah instead (some experience with rockets) and reaper (some experience with flanking and timing) and I climb SR easy.

People stop playing gengi and play doomfist instead and climb. Hero power matters a lot, and some heroes are WAY easier to play than others. Currently I think you can get to masters playing a lot of Sym pharah with like no aim or skill really.

It doesn’t heal,lasts 5 seconds,and can be EASILY destroyed. It can be strong but not nearly as strong as the forums make it out to be.

1 Like

I have an 82% winrate on cree in masters with 4 elims per life

hes broken

you completely avoided what I said.

If you throw lamp on a 10 health target that has 200hp, it

1. heals them to 40 hp and locks them at that number
  2. adds 150 effecitve hp because the lamp must be destroyed

190 burst healing, including a target that must be readjusted to be shot at before killing the target you were originally trying to.

1 Like

Then either use an ability to eithier damage the lamp or relocate the target. If your with your that lamp is easily destroyed. And its just a temporary effect, so unless the bap was able to heal all targets back to full in five seconds(or less since the lamp is paper) while in a team fight, its not burst heal.

And on a 200 hp target it only locks them in at 20 hp.

I feel like he was a character born out of hype and rushed out to meet that hype, launch Doom was easily the most buggy thing they’ve ever released

Not to mention his character relies on maps being perfectly smoothed out which is very difficult to do no matter how good of a mapper you are

again, this is a complete lack of understanding of how lamp works in a vacuum.

If I’m dueling a Cree and a Bap throws window on the Cree, he gets +150 effective hp immediately and I have to shoot the lamp twice while their Cree can simply shoot me. The enemy Cree wins the duel because he gained 150 hp.

I’m not going to get through to you on this because you clearly don’t understand what effective HP is or how lamp is an objectively bad ability by excusing bad players making bad plays to be saved and unable to be punished. its silly.

3 Likes

This isn’t a 1v1 game, its a team game. Nothing in this game is a vacuum, if you attack a mccree who has a support on him its a 1v2. I never denied the effective hp, but in a team fight (where this will be happening 99.99% of the time) its easily countered. It is a supports job to rescue their teammates, if bap uses the lamp on single mccree. He is out of it for 25 seconds and can’t protect his team from potential ults.

This is not a standard FPS its a team based moba FPS. Abilities are what make it strong, and unique. Just play with your team and shoot the lamp. Simple as that.
Which you would know if you had more than 15 mins on Baptiste, instead of griping about the few times it affected you.

2 Likes

“actually anything counters anything if u shoot at it i am very smart”

This is where you’ve embarrassed yourself. I’m a 3.6 main support player. I play Baptiste. I know how dumb the characters I use are.

This is very funny to me, given you’re trying to tell me things about a character you only have 7 hours on? weird.

They’re broken because their kits are more powerful than everyone else, it’s super hard to deny that Echo has a much better overall kit than Reaper does, and same can be applied to older, more outdated heroes being replaced by the new, jack of all trade heroes.

If you take a Moira and a Baptiste and compare their overall potential impact on the outcome of a game, the Bapsite is obviously going to have more influence because his kit is so much better at carrying games than Moira’s kit is. That’s why he’s “broken” (or I suppose you could argue that Moira is underpowered, but either way one blatantly outperforms the other)

2 Likes

Who calls Sombra broken???

uHHhhHH alot on people lol? they complain about her hack and how it shouldn’t exist.

(oH and btw broken is in quotations. which means that the character is not actually broken but instead people just don’t know how to counter them)

A two second profile view shows barely 18 mins on bap, which was the subject of this discussion. And unless you have an alt your account clearly states you prefer dps/tank to support in playtime.

Unfortunately it seems you are determined to hate Baptiste. You have a right to your opinion, but so do I to mine. Although I feel it is necessary with how poorly supports are treated in-game, and how unrewarding the role can feel at times. That supports need good abilities to help them defend their teammates and themselves.

In short Immortality field is a strong, but easily countered ability if your with your team. Which is how the game is meant to be played.

1 Like