People using mouse and keyboard on xbox

So virtually undetectable…

I haven’t seen anybody getting banned officially for using it, personally.

It really is. Have you ever tried to play a sports, fighting, or racing game with a kb/m? Imagine if the game or console company “required” it, even though there are joysticks, steering wheels, and controllers available. Dumb. I suppose you think every pc player should be required to use the exact same keyboard and mouse so its fair for everybody.

I sincerely hope they enable native kbm support for console. The current state delegitmizes ranked. Blizzard allowing this to continue is the equivalent of saying “we’re cool if people cheat so long as they have to pay for it”. It’s really surprising they look the other way and let this attack the integrity of the game.

And it’s only going to get worse. If you follow these topics you’ll see some devices now have the ability to do things like negate recoil, perform auto-actions and other things that are literally impossible regardless of mechanical skill. And this new functionality is in a continuous delivery state, always expanding and improving.

On top of all this there are some people who would just like the option to use a kbm.

I personally think they aren’t because they just don’t have to care about console. Theres no marketing link between console and the owl so why bother with it at all. Unfortunate but it is what it is.

My advice, buy a xim. If you have enough money switch to PC. But playing controller on console is objectively the worst overwatch experience and Blizz has shown 0 intention of improving over 3 years. The writing is on the wall.

I started out on XB1 and played there for a while before building a PC. Most of my friends are on the XB1, but I can’t go back to a controller. Just not a fan. I can tell you that if I do ever buy another XB1 (my kids have my old one), I would definitely get a XIM or something along that line. I wouldn’t be doing it expecting to be better, rather I simply don’t enjoy the game with a controller, but I do miss playing with my friends.

2 Likes

Basically my situation.

Everybody I know are console peasants.

Blizzard will never address this issue. Never.

they should do matchmaking around the desired input method

1 Like

2 years later…