People this is why you have endorsement level issues!

Only reason I originally stated my endorsement level was to show people that behaving like I claim works, worked for me. If it was taken as a brag my apologies.

Honestly with your endorsement gain rate if you are not leaving until you receive your stats you ‘should’ be climbing. Only thing I can think of is that you may have the opposite problem sometimes. By that I mean you may be leaving QP games for example too late and the next game starts. From personal experience leaving while in the hero selection room seemed to result in dropped endorsements too.

No, once the Victory/Defeat screen is shown there is no penalty for leaving.

4 Likes

Nah i never do that :thinking: I dunno whats wrong too, I mean, I leave after ive gone over my stats which takes like 3 seconds and reque for another game, if I was to leave when like the loading screen for the next map shows up, im sure thatd be leaving early but like i said, i dont do that… Maybe there is a bug, maybe thats just Blizzs way to thank me for my continued interest in the game, idk :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Mm, I see a LOT of people say that level 4 is extremely hard to keep. I leave games after the victory screen pretty much every game, its rare for me to stay for the next game. Ive had no trouble keeping my level 4 so far, I havent gone back into 3 once. I dont think leaving after the V/D screen is making an impact here

No, that is the way it should be, not the way that it is. There is a huge difference.

I never leave games and I can never keep endorsement 4 for long.

The system is just trash and everyone knows it.

I got to lvl 4 just by leaving after the screen with the winner team.

You will know when you are allowed to leave when you have a lootbox to open than then press esc. If it is safe to leave the match you will have the option to open the box.

1 Like

I think it mainly has to do with how long you play. Do you play an hour a day? an hour a week?

Or all day, multiple hours a day, not just on the weekends, etc

Even if you manage to get 4 a match, if you’re not playing that many matches it won’t level up. At least, that’s me comparing my level to my partner’s level and how many hour’s difference we play the game.

Let me post one final time on this issue.

I used to struggle with endorsement levels just like everyone else. I also used to leave after the Victory / Defeat notice but before the player cards. Then I saw the post by Jeff and I decided to stop leaving. Magically after changing my behavior on when to leave my endorsement level started rising.

I have no clue how many months it has been now, but I gained level 5 endorsement on the 2nd day of the Summer event. Behaving regarding leaving times is the ‘only’ thing I have done different.

I’m not saying that every single time you leave at “Victory” or “Defeat” or during the POTG results in the penalty applying. What I am saying is that penalty removal is delayed sometimes and waiting longer gives it more time to process during those delayed periods. That is it.

Doesn’t matter if it doesn’t speed the queue up, players already know this.

They rather sit in Hero Gallery/queue up for another game and go a bit AFK before it pops than to see yet another boring PotG and some worthless cards that doesn’t mean anything.

No they are not.

Personally, leaving at hero selection hasn’t phased my level at all. I tend to leave because I accidentally left the game queuing, heh.

But then again I play way too much OW per day XP

1 Like

No, sorry. You’ve worked yourself into a placebo. There’s no penalty after the defeat screen.

2 Likes

So…all of your evidence is both anecdotal and circumstantial

I’m of course assuming you work at Blizz so you know exactly how the internal code works then.

Because otherwise I’m just going to go off of the already proven assumption that the system “clears you as good to leave” the moment the victory/defeat screen pops up, just like how it does for the actual early leaver penalties in QP and the outright suspensions from comp.

If they already got the code right twice before, why are you trying to say that it’s different the third time?

I just want to say that both you and OP seem to play a lot of Support/Tanks, as well as Symmetra specifically.

Could just be that you’re getting a bunch of endorsements to offset the decay and nothing more. All the extra details, tips, and tricks are just you reading too much into it.

Like, we already know that good tanks and supports get swarmed in endorsements. That much is a given. As for Sym, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that if you’re pretty good at an off-meta or “throw pick” hero, your teammates will also likely give you endorsements to say “hey, this person may play a ‘bad’ hero, but they’re still a good teammate to play with and can certainly carry their own weight despite their pick.” I know I’ve had a similar train of thought in the past, and I can promise I’m not alone.

Of course, I can’t really prove anything, I just found it funny that you both seem to have identical most played heroes and endorsement levels.

1 Like

Facts that are utterly incorrect aside, one can leave the moment “victory” or “defeat” appears on screen without penalty. Furthermore, i have done extensive testing with multiple accounts on queuing or potentially leaving before the score cards are shown. I know what Kaplan said, but i still wait 2 to 3 minutes in matchmaking.
It doesn’t work any faster if i sit through the entire slideshow at the end or leave and requeue right off the bat.

I like the endorsement level system. I just hate when there are issues with my cruddy network or I’m in a server with high latency, lose connection then get slapped with a penalty of dropping an entire level. You’d think if one was able to get to at least 4 or 5 that they’d realize it’s a network drop and not a rage quit. Ah well.

endorsement levels should go down at all, makes no sense.

Edited: necro thread. Let it die.

…but if it’s necro–ah nevermind.

takes dead horse to glue factory

1 Like