People in gold and silver, it's not you, it's the system

Almost every game I get gold elim, dmg, etc. Nothing pisses me off more than having a bunch of gold metals, cards, etc. and still frickin lose and lose SR. It makes no dam sense!

Then why did you say in another topic that you believe game will give you bad players and throwers and smurfs on enemy side when your winrate is high?

So you dont believe it after all? Because here you said that you climb easily.

4 Likes

I don’t think that this is the right conclusion here, even if OP and the discussion is going off rails.

It’s not about being able to climb / getting potatoes as teammates, but that the difficulty, as a whole, has dramatically increased, even in lower ranks. There are a few theories about that:

a) everybody has massively improved
b) better players got pushed out of higher ranks
c) smurfs and boosting

Probably all of it is true

1 Like

I play the game since the release. Difficulty probably went up slightly, but definitely not significantly. Not for anyone who is already playing the game.

For new players? Oh yes game is definitely harder for them with so much more knowledge they need now compared to old times.

This is my new alt and I climb as easy as I was several years back. I would even say that climbing now is more easy than it was in open q times.

what is your real rank, only for comparison?

Gold-low diamond (peak) . Depends on heroes I play and how hard I try. Usualy I am in platinum. Right now I main zarya and i am in gold, i will probably be in mid plat at the end of season because climbing takes time and I play a lot of support role currently too.

1 Like

Excellent point. Your data is pretty comparable to everyone who has been complaining and also keeping track of their records.

1 Like

I do pretty much the same but with different results. My games are usualy win loss win loss win win los win loss loss. Occasionaly streak.

Not with my data, I kept writing info about my games like 2+ years and didnt see any pattern like that there.

I have new account, this one. I keep doing the same thing, writing down the info, i will release it when I will have more data.

1 Like

I’ll take someones opinion whose in top 500 over someone whose in silver.

Why? People claim to have forced streaks mostly in low ranks. Not in top500.

This is my alt account. I understand that you dont believe someone lower than top500 but i am recording my games too so I can show it to you.

1 Like

Right, and your statement was literally “I just don’t accept the idea of players stuck in low ranks due to only the system or match making.” I said the system was busted. Nowhere did I say it was impossible to climb. In fact I said several times that people COULD still climb, but the system makes it inordinately difficult, and I went into detail explaining why. Which makes me believe you ONLY read the thread title? There’s no way you could’ve read the post and come away with the conclusion that it is “only the system” or that people “cannot climb.”

“It’s not you, it’s the system” cannot be construed to mean “You cannot climb in this system” because that’s too specific an interpretation of the post’s title, which takes issue with the system, but nowhere states that it is ONLY the system. I mean come on, do you think anyone would really make the argument that it’s not possible for any player in silver/gold to be the cause of their own inability to climb?

1 Like

Ok, lets say System is making climbing harder. My qustion to you is: WHY?

Why do you need a system to make climbing harder, why it should stop you from climbing faster? I dont think game doesnt need anything like that because you have player base which is making it hard. Other players are making it harder for you, better players than you. Bonus difficulty element in system is not needed.

If you are stuck in silver for example, you are stack because player with higher SR than you are generaly better than you. Thats why climbing is hard as you have to improve to be better than them, push yourself up and push someone below.

If you will make 3 ranks( 1-29, 31-59, 60-90) and take 90 players, someone will always be on top and someone on the bottom, you cannot have all players in 31-90 range. if someone want to climb, he has to be better than players above him. Additional difficulty element is not needed. OW ladder is just like that, only on bigger scale.

2 Likes

You can see yourself out if you’re going to be so bitterly wrong : )

1 Like

So any implementation of a system in Overwatch is fair/good because all players are toiling under the same system? Just trying to see if I get what you’re saying. Are you saying the system is somehow fair by default?

Not exactly, I am not saying that any implementation of system would be fair because of that. I am saying that you dont need system creating additional difficulty to make climbing harder because there is player base doing it hard enough already.

Lets say forced loss streak for example. Some players believe in it. But why would system try to keep someone lower than he belongs? What is the point? It doesnt make any sense. Loss streaks simply happens because your games are still pretty much done with random team mates picked from ± same MMR as yours. So you can have 7 bad games loss streak which is nothing than result of bad luck even if you play normaly as usual. And because you dropped a lot of SR, you will be playing against players who are generaly worse than you so your chance to get back to your place with win streak next time is pretty high. There is no mystery behind it, it is just normal. But players like to come up with conspiracy theories so they have excuses it is not them who is making them being stuck in their elo.

Yes, system is trying to be fair as it can be considering the player base (it is harder to make fair games on top and on the bottom where player base is small). Of course sometimes it fails because players manipulate their ranks. So even if system is trying to create fair game, result will not be balanced because one individual who is masters is playing on gold ranked account for example.

But I think that majority games is still pretty good balanced, without the player who manipulate SR(smurfs, throwers, alt accounts). And btw, players have to realize one thing, there is nothing weird about having stomps like 1:0 or 3:0 even if both teams are perfectly balanced.

if it’s even handed, it’s fair. there is no objective performance metric to measure yourself against. climbing and falling in rank is all subjective. tomorrow’s silver is yesterday’s plat.

1 Like

Equality is not the same as equity in a rigged system. You don’t apply the same $ amount of tax cuts to everyone and say, ‘well that was fair’.

And the rigging is disproportionately forced on those attempting ladder mobility. If you’ve been on cruise control streaming 5-10 hours of GM a week, the rigging is going to work for you rather than against you.

Finally you have a constant-sum issue with new account influx exceeding leaver outflux. So net inflation of SR into the system and it trying to self-rectify towards some kind of normal pdf. Left unchecked for 4+ years noreset season1, you’re going to have a ton of mismatch and mislabelling. Another kind of unfairness.

its not rigged. not at all.

1 Like

Wouldn’t bother he tries to use his throwing in bronze in order to stay at <500 as “evidence” that the game is against him. He even streams his throwing as “evidence”.

1 Like

Why is it closed/patented? And what are queue times for if not to knapsack balance and matchmake teams? Grab people at random if it’s not rigged. I’d rather play against a mixture of bronze-to-plat chevrons than wait 12 mins for the same 20 accnts in the <500 which are clearly way beyond bottom1% skill.

It’s not only rigged, it’s grossly mislabelled.