People actually throw for the passes

we had a dva who legit just afked in spawn since the start of the game and was just moving and suiciding so she did not get kicked.

i thought people were joking but this was a masters dva throwing the game to get faster q times on dps.

i could not believe my eyes lmao.

just wow, i forgot to save the replay like a dummy but whatever i reported her for afk and gameplay sab.

but ya this is just weird people are legit throwing games to get faster q times on another roll, legit your just wasting your time and i pretty sure i heard this is bannable so idk whats the point of doing this.

just a reminder to use those reports to clean up overwatch and help the devs out.

3 Likes

People threw games long b4 these passes existed. They could have easily been throwing for previous reasons, not for passes. I feel like people are just shifting the blame, when it might not even be the cause at all, or no where near as often as people will say. Obviously there will be people who do throw for passes, even if its not time efficient.

5 Likes

If it can be exploited, players will exploit it.

4 Likes

still odd to go to a game and throw from the start

even in real life people will it’s a sad reality…

1 Like

You don’t get banned for throwing at least 4-5 six months ago and that is the real problem

You could easily automate detecting and identifying throwers and deranker and suspend them until they get checked by a human being

But Blizzard doesn’t want to for some reason

1 Like

still a sad way to lose sr, legit everyone gave up and it was just sad.

1 Like

Activision took over blizzard and at that point it was a down hill slope for over all player experience in every game.

also watch a mod suspend me for posting honesty… they love me… :cold_face: :man_facepalming:t2: :zzz:

2 Likes

It is sad and it pisses me off
It is inexcusable and I’m pretty sure Blizzard is really short on support staff who aren’t just able to check reports because Activision decided: Support staff is not import.

Destiny 2 made it public how f upped and messed up Activisions greed is

2 Likes

wait they fired support staff?

this has to be a joke.

Mods ban you based on the reports they perceive, they don’t read the report or even check if they are correct.

If you want to manually reviewed you have to appeal your ticket 3-4 times, beforehand you get only automated messages. Customer support my butt

I don’t understand why people do things that are so against their own interests. It takes more time to throw games for less reward. So, you get less but spend more and have the chance of a ban. Yet people do this.

It’s like if you went into the store because you really wanted a snickers bar. Then instead of just buying the candy bar you bought a box of cereal, some eggs, and a gallon of milk but stole the candy bar. That’s how silly it is to throw for passes.

1 Like

I mean, I had a DVA one game that fkew up to the top of the rocket on Gibraltar and spammed “I need healing” while emoting to the enemy.

This was way before any priority passes. Moral of the story, there has been throwers in every rank since the inception of competitive and I doubt priority passes has made them that much more prevalent.

Because it’s easier.

It’s much easier to sit in spawn, do nothing, and loss to get a priority pass despite it being much more efficient to actually try to win.

Which is why these losers keep throwing, they’re far more afraid of putting the effort into winning. They fear the sensation of trying hard and then losing, so much so, they rather just condemn themselves into losing a game by their own choice.

2 Likes

Disagree because now it gives people more of a reason to than before.
Just look at how healers queue and do nothing but dps? Why? Because it’s shorter than the dps queue times (and they have openly admitted to as such.)

If people can find a way around and take the path of least resistance they absolutely will.

It still incredibly dumb. And if you are right dumb and also lazy. They deserve the ban hammer.

I did warn that this would happen in my post 5 minutes after Jeff announced it:

1 Like

Its not like it took much brainpower to say “people will throw for passes”. Mainly because “people will throw” was always true.

The question is if passes are making MORE people throw than before. Right now, the answer to that question is “no”.

What is weird is it is by far the less efficient approach. Even a long game which you have a 50/50 chance to win is better than a quick loss in terms of earning tokens.

I do think a lot of people who are playing roles they have not played for awhile are going to be losing rating because they just are not good enough to be that rating and that will sort itself out shortly.

this is why i think you should get no tickets for losing. in order to compensate for that tho is give only 1 ticket for winning but drastically reduce the queue time . should be better since not many people will have tickets then right?