[PC] Characters model not loading properly in-game?

First time happening ever, I was in a comp game, first round all was fine, then when we switched side, on 10 people, only 4-5 chars model loaded correctly. All of those not loading correctly were shown as floating light. None of those called their ult or had any voice lines. Death seemed to fix some of the char’s model, but not for everyone.

I’m on Steam.

Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22631) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: LENOVO
             System Model: 82RB
                     BIOS: J2CN40WW (type: UEFI)
                Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H (20 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
                   Memory: 32768MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 32492MB RAM
                Page File: 13208MB used, 21331MB available
      Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU

This means there are either assets missing from your game, the drive storage is fragmented/corrupted, or the connection quality is poor.

Thank for the reply, I appreciate it. Though, I’m gonna to disagree with you about the last two.

1 - I just made a normal update through Steam, as usual, without hurdles. If anything is missing: it’s on Blizzard’s end.

2 - fragmented, nope, SSD. If corrupted, please, OW should throw a warning or something, or just crash.

3 - Well stable connection, low ping, and it should certainly not affect models loading in any form.

Anyway, I know it’s not on my end, and as a dev myself, I just wanted, and hope, that someone at Blizzard will make sense of it.

It’s definitely something with the game and has nothing to do with missing assets / fragmented drive as was suggested. There was one or maybe two instances where I had the same issue, my friend had this issue once too on a completely new computer.

I have no fix for it though, especially since it can happen DURING a game too, suddenly the enemy tank was a floating orb when sides switched. I doubt you will find a solution to this because it happens so randomly and rarely.

1 Like

The staff and devs have talked about this several times. If models aren’t loading, it’s one of the things I mentioned. Corrupted drive can also refer to the spot where your driver is stored. Packet loss can cause it too, which you may not spot unless specifically testing for it.