Patch Notes Review

The patch notes dropped about an hour ago so I thought I’d say my opinions

Awesome new feature, honestly. I think most of the community will enjoy this especially for competitive matches.

Baptiste has been struggling in terms of winrate and pickrate since his release. Neither of these buffs are major, but I think they’ll help at least a little bit.

DVa, herself, isn’t overturned, but Defense Matrix as a standalone ability pretty much always has been. I think this nerf will have more effect in high tiers and the pro scene than in most people’s game.

Buffing McCree’s fire rate will either do nothing to help his viability or make him OP. I guess we’ll see, he still has to compete with the Snipers and Soldier. Not quite sure if this was needed.

Quality of life changes that probably should’ve always been in the game for these heroes. Glad the Devs finally listened.

Torb’s shotgun is better than Reaper in some scenarios, which is kinda crazy so I can see why they toned it down a bit. I don’t think this nerf will kill Torb or anything but it’s there.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THIS PATCH. Both of these changes are geared towards stopping the 2CP rolls, and honestly, might even help nerf GOATs because those compositions are the most frequent ones that snowball both points and drag out into multiple rounds.

Probably always should’ve been a thing. Recall, Fade, Ice Block and Wraith all cleared anti-heal so Translocator makes sense

3 Likes

they didn’t change the reload
they increased his fire rate by 20%

7 Likes

… now I’m scared…

That McCree buff actually concerns me.

3 Likes

LOL nerfing Torb of all things. Incompetent at best Blizzard.

DVA is soon to be nothing but a target at this rate with no actual protection forcing barrierwatch.

We don’t need threads like this spammed by everyone.

Am I really the only one incredibly pumped about the Orisa reload change?

4 Likes

definitely not, she really needed it

2cp change means what? You get short time for B?

You respawn faster after they cap A on defense so there’s less staggering. And after you cap point A you get 3 minutes added to the time bank instead of 4 minutes, so the games don’t drag on so long.

That just means that Reaper is undertuned and needs ranged options

1 Like