Paris Eternal vs. San Francisco Shock - FINAL

I might have to go re-watch the Eagle v Angry Titan EU Contenders S2 Final later, just so I can see Nico being used in the role he’s actually shown he’s flawless at in GOATS

“this is the fight paris doesnt want to commit ults, just build them”

nico immediately uses rally

Did I just witness another C9…

No. The Eternal kicked the Shock off the objective area forcefully.

Super…essentially threw himself into the lion’s den doing that. Right in the middle of the whole enemy team too.

BASTION POGCHAMP

Shock going for the cheese! :smile:

SDB Genji, HALLELUJAH

thats just so sad :frowning:

no Danye - no win …

Is it just me or is that female Ref always on the winner’s side? Is she a good luck charm? Or are the boys trying to impress the girl?

1 Like

with SoOn and ShaDowBurn I was really expecting Paris to be a better team. Perhaps this meta just really doesn’t favor them… I still think shock would beat them as they look pretty stacked this season but god man I can’t wait for this stupid goats meta to end.

the most talented players in the world… and we got them playing the least interesting heroes in the game for a full year. it’s such a god damn disgrace to esports.

2 Likes

Just looking at the standings:

• SF are at worst improving to +7 Map Differential, 4-3 record
  • Chengdu can only get as high as +/- 0
  • Boston can get to +6
  • Paris can get to -2
  • Houston can get to +3
  • Seoul can get to +6
  • Dallas can get to +5

San Francisco Shock are now officially in the playoffs, the lowest they can finish is 8th place

Edit correction, Dallas can also get to a 5-2 record. However, a 4-0 would secure it as Guangzhou would be unable to overtake then

Wouldn’t call it a disgrace, but it certainly makes it hard for many players(and to a certain extent, teams) to play to their strengths when a meta like this is so…dominate.
Heck some players on some teams haven’t played once this season so far because of this meta.
Even if I don’t hate GOATS itself…I hate that anything besides it won’t really get you much.

If you are at 5 series and in a minus map win/loss, you will have to be worried… Like every map matters.

Wait if I am doing my math right Charge could tie the Shock at +7, wouldn’t that result in a sudden death match since they never played each other this stage?

this part makes me sad bc i miss seeing sbb and pine :frowning: and we still havent seen flow3r yet. but also i remember sbb played brigitte last season so why he hasnt this season yet is confusing me

1 Like

Only if there are 7 teams higher then them…

Yeah I forgot that Dallas could still finish above on match record despite a lower potential MD. A draw or a win for SF here would break the potential tie with GZ though that does need breaking