Papa Jeff not putting hero bans

Youre also wrong there. Blizzard still kept its rights to develop games as they see fit. it was part of the agreement, thus is why its a partnership. This is why do don’t see Blizzard games really in the EA access like overwatch.

He’s actually looking down on the community, but in a subtle way.

Reminds me when Widowmaker was laughing at Tracer’s naive mindset.

From a business perspective, this is much harder to pull off than you are giving it credit for. It isn’t so much as Jeff saying, “this isn’t what we want for the game” and Activision’s CEO overriding it.

Case in point, Jeff literally convincing them that merging OW1 and OW2 together is the right thing to do and to not leave OW1 players behind concerning new heroes and maps. But still having to pay for all the new PVE stuff.

Believe what you want. I’ll remember to get back to you when they come in. Just like RQ did when people didn’t want that and brought up quotes from the devs then too.

Especially now that Jeff literally took it upon himself to flat-out say hero ban isn’t coming when a wave of people were stating that it was because it was a good move for the game.

That’s not to say it won’t come at some point in the future, but you’re so definitive that it will - making it sounds like it’s coming soon - that it’s incredibly off-putting.

Also, role queue and hero bans are functionally, vastly different. Role queue is more palatable than hero bans are because role queue restricts you into one role but lets you pick anyone. Hero bans literally say, “no picking this hero” for whatever reason. And that is something that Jeff has flat-out said is something they don’t want to do and will look for workarounds.

Not saying its any better, but based on how he emphasized its some sort of system theyre making thats my guess.

This one comment leaves them the room to do it at a later time.

No. It does not. He is just staying politically correct in his answer. If you read his message, they are pretty much saying no. It would only be “as a last resort”, but I am pretty sure they know it will hurt their game as people want to play what heros they want to play.

Yes it does. They will always leave things open to revisit later.

Never say never.

Sorry bud. You wont get to stop people from playing their heros just because you don’t like it.

1 Like

I don’t have to do anything except wait for when bans eventually get implemented. Doesn’t have to be exactly like riots way other other mobas, but they’ll find their own version and when it happens I’ll just enjoy it.

This isn’t a MOBA, as stated already by Blizzard themselves.

Well well well. What have we here? :sunglasses:

Hero pool is random, so not really a ban like first imagined.

The problem of players choosing was really the crux of why hero bans would never have worked with this amount of heroes. Rotating is much more streamlined.

1 Like

Close enough for me.

Don’t see your point. You still don’t get to ban heros u don’t want people using, or control players who they want to play, how you were wishing.

So again, you wont get to stop people from playing their heros just because you don’t like it. Hero bans will never be in this kind of game.

Sorry that you were wrong, and always will be. lol

But I know your trying to salvage yourself here. :slight_smile: Nice try.

Sorry, to disappoint you

I don’t care about the method, I’m glad there’s some version of bans. :woman_shrugging:

Its not a ban. geezeze, ur daft aren’t you? lol

You wanted to control it. You cant. end of.

You just cant admit your wrong. lol