Papa Jeff not putting hero bans

Exactly my point. So, Deathmatch, as stated, is still not a core feature of the game. Its just a “fun” mode offshoot placed in arcade.

I see a lot of people saying it could only affect one tricks, but what if a person is only good with two heroes in a role (which is actually a pretty darn common thing, not everyone has the time to learn more), and both of those heroes happen to be banned? They don’t one trick, they know more than one hero, but what are they supposed to do then? That would suck.

Learn other heroes. It’s as simple as picking them and just figuring them out. Just like we all did when we first started.

Which post are you talking about?

The one in the OP was posted a few hours ago.

People have their favorites. Simple as that.

I personally would want a team with players who have concentrated on one hero and got really good with them, vs players who play a bunch of heros.

It is well known, a person who puts in many hours on one hero will generally be better than a person who splits all their hours amongst a bunch of heros.

Not Wyoming the post they’re quoting.

And they’ll have to get over it when hero bans do become part of the game. And they will in time.

The one by Jeff?

Currently that was posted 4 hours ago.

Edit: Or do you mean the screenshot of Jeff’s 2016 post in Wyoming’s OP?

Maybe when we have 50+ they might consider it with tank/supports being more filled out compared to DPS. But they won’t any time soon.

They wont put hero bans. Sorry to burst your bubble and your fantasy in wanting to control other peoples choices, or that you cant ban heros you think are making you lose.

Trust me, you wont get better or win more games. Sorry.

This is what people thought was going to happen with lfg parties, until they found they are just as bad as they thought they weren’t because of blaming unpopular heros.

That s the same or worse than hero bans

1 Like

My bad I thought it was a different post Wyoming posted.

But from his post:

It will come eventually. This isn’t fantasy this is just basic for most competitive games, especially those that have moba elements.

This, as it was first stated an announced, is supposed to be a shooter pvp game. Their first one, and wanted a game in that Genre, as they have other Genres already.

Metzen said it when it was first announced at Blizzcon. Not a moba. This is why they are making efforts to bring it back to that.

So, sorry, no hero bans.

Just get better.

1 Like

Jeff actually addressed this:

1 Like

Metzen isn’t here. Activision is.

Dang, it’s like even when there is an explicit answer, some people REALLY trying to claw and grip on that, “BUT IT WILL HAPPEN EVENTUALLY” vibe :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t see your point.

Anyway, this is a SHOOTER game, based on heros. This is where Blizzard wanted to be different. To make it about heros, but a shooter game.

End of.

Meaning if Activision decides it wants ow to go a certain way then regardless of what Jeff may want it won’t turn out that way.

I know right? This is how you can tell its the ones that want to stop those nasty bad heros from being on their team causing them “to lose”, when its more than likely the other way around.

Attitude is also a fundamental key to winning.