[Pakistan] Overwatch keeps disconnecting me from the game after a few seconds

The technology that can tell the difference would need to be developed first, as this isn’t something that exists currently. Pulling the plug on your PC and the ISP disconnecting look exactly the same from outside your home.

No one has blamed players. The problem was investigated by the staff and they concluded it’s a problem with the ISPs in the region. Blizzard cannot make changes on your available ISP options. And yes, communicating the issue is hard, because ISPs generally don’t care if you can’t connect properly to one service if the majority of their userbase is not complaining.

all they have to do is bring back Server Locks Cause Server locks prevented that

Thanks for this, but I wanted you to know that I get 160ms on EU regardless. I had 180ms-290ms + several DCs on PTCL before I changed a year ago. I’ll try the steps you’ve mentioned (except for Leatrix) and post my findings.

I used to get upto 190ms. With VPN I got 195-200, or sometimes luckily 185ms. Now I have applied quite a few fixes, changed my router too. I would suggest U apply Leatrix first, and then watch Panjnos video titled :
" How to SPEED UP your Internet! Boost Download Speeds, Lower Ping"
Follow him where he uses TCP Optimizer, it overwrites some of Leatrix settings I think. Now I get 165ms ping on EU while connected to a VPN (Netherlands as always).

5th September: the disconnection issue is back for me.

Some people here may already know this, but (on my end) it got fixed on its own around 10th July, Guess I gotta start blocking IPs…

same here it was fixed on And got recked again on summer update then after summer update it got better for aug 20 to 1sept

Maybe with the Halloween Update it gets fixed Again? i HOPE

Hi. the disconnection problem is getting worst, before we knew that if you joined Eu servers by blocking or by joining a friend…etc you will disconnect after few seconds of joining the match.

now it’s even disconnecting on Middle east servers before and after joining the match, and it’s not a 1-time thing, but a lot, I got disconnect 3 times already in the last two days AND Got about -200 sr

Blizzard cannot make changes on your available ISP options. And yes, communicating the issue is hard, because ISPs generally don’t care if you can’t connect properly to one service if the majority of their userbase is not complaining.

ok, if you guys really care !. how about giving us a detailed report of the problem so we can address our ISP?

we can help run any test, trace, code you want to generate the report

our ISP says we didn’t change or modified anything from their End so how the issue just came up this year? PTCL knows about Blizzard, and they even have a dedicated Nat Foreword on their Routers for Blizzard, so can you explain some more about this part as well?

1 Like

Aight I’ve managed to fix it on my end: I’ve blocked all connections in 184, that’s 15.184.0.0 - 15.184.255.255 middle east.

The good news is that I can play the game and haven’t had any DCs so far.

The downside is that, occasionally before I am put in a game, I get the message “Failed to connect to server”. Which is fine, it happens cause that match is on a 184 server and I simply re-queue. No SR loss and no penalties

Haven’t tested EU.

As always, I wanna state that this works for me and may not work for others. Test it out in a few qp and play comp at your own risk. If this specific fix doesn’t work for you, then do what I did and experiment.

Good luck!

1 Like

my friend, you have just block Middle East Servers … I did the same you just blocked the middle east so, after the middle east, Asian servers are next I m sure you are getting 102 or 120 pings now and you are playing flawless games cause you are in ASIA soon you will realize it’s not fun their cause everyone is on TRYHARD MODE :stuck_out_tongue: and ya it is not LIKE EU at all, the reason most Pakistani and Indians play in M.E is for language and in Asia, no one will talk much and soon games get unplayable I use to play there when i bought the game i came to EU due to language issue but OW is now basically forces us Back

1 Like

My friend, I haven’t blocked Middle East Servers… I still play in middle east games. If you try to read and understand my post, you’ll see that I haven’t blocked all of middle east, but only a specific range. For example, I still get games within the 15.185.0.0 - 15.185.255.255 range.

@Nicole-1893

You’ve mentioned that blizzard will often change their server’s IP.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to know whether it has been changed in September?

And can you please have a request made to not have middle east games in the 15.184.0.0. - 15.184.255.255. range?

It appears to me that this particular range is being throttled by PTA’s (Pakistan Telecommunication Authority) system for some reason. Everyone already has normal games in 15.185 and other ranges in middle east, why not have all of them in these ranges? I am saying this cause I (and others will also) sometimes have to wait 15 mins for a game, only to find that I have to wait longer since the server didn’t connect (coming back to the fact that I’ve blocked 15.184).

Could you please do this for us? Even 24 hours is enough to allow people to test whether they can play normally or not.

Thank you for your time.

Bro, as I mentioned above the issue is not only on Middle East but EU as well. Middle East has 4 IPs (as far as I know and I have blocked them all) and if U block them well U wouldn’t connect to them mostly and get that ‘Failed to connect to server’ error, instead connect to EU (or singapore if U haven’t blocked that or any other suitable server) but this disconnect issue persists on EU and Middle East, for all of U guys maybe playing on Singapore is a solution so just blocking Middle East might solve it out.
But blocking a specific range is also not a solution, I have tried monitoring on which IPs I get disconnects and I can confirm that I got disconnects on IPs which worked fine few minutes ago. It is totally random and not related to Blizzard Servers but how we connect to them.

Also this Failed to connect to a server can lead to SR Loss and Penalties as I have suffered from it myself. Basically U are logged into the game but since U cannot connect to the server U will be disconnected as AFK and hence leading to loss. If U have only blocked Middle East and U get matched on EU U might get disconnects again, blocking any server is not a solution for the disconnecting issue but it is a possible solution to play on the server U want to. I personally have all the IPs blocked except France and Netherlands (cuz I want to play on EU only).

However I am not sure if EU still gets disconnects, a few days ago I ran out of data for VPN and my game kept running without any rerouting and I played few comp games without any disconnects. If someone here can test QP on EU and see if it disconnects and share here that would be great.

Haven’t had penalties or sr loss, it simply displays the message but the screen doesn’t change at all. Again, my case is special cause I haven’t been disconnecting at all until Friday. My “fix” works for me. The only difference is that I, sometimes, gotta re-queue and wait longer for games.

Nothing works anymore!

My method was working until a few hours ago, PTA has blocked/throttled every IP.
I completely blocked Middle East to play on Singapore and I played like 3 or 4 games before I started to get the exact same dc issue.

I am done looking for solutions, its either “high ping on vpn” or play another game.

told U bro, I have so so many IPs blocked in my firewall, but this issue seems to be totally random, so what I just do is use a VPN what else can we do, however I didn’t know singapore also had this disconnecting issue, but I see it’s on there as well, now I am not even sure what is the cause of this issue as it’s not happening with any other game but overwatch only. Can’t play on EU Middle East Singapore anywhere, Middle East was worse anyway cuz of it’s queue times and bad games and toxicity, I play everyday now by using WINDSCRIBE VPN but for the love of god it has become trash too, it’s servers now give 240ms ping, so I bought it’s premium for 2$ and it’s Amsterdam Bicycle server gives 153ms ping on app, and 170ms in game on EU servers. No idea if blizzard will ever get in touch with anyone to sort this mess out, can’t play anywhere anymore

bro this is not a “fix” as it is not the main problem !!!, the Main issue is in EU which has server codes: ams1 & cdg1, and rarely happens on ME code: mes1, and its disconnection is a bit different from EU & what is explained in this form

coming to SunSparrow

yes, disconnections are still the same, and yes, I get what you say about how it’s Random and not related to IP, cause I have an old workaround that makes no sense and you can try in comp:

when the hero selection countdown ends, take out a timer and start it for 1 min, so that the game could give you 2 min to leave and come back and not cancel the match, of course, keep on just moving around so that you don’t get kicked out for AFK in this 1 min wait.

exactly as the 1 min finishes disable your Ethernet adapter and enable it again, now the game will disconnect and ask you to login again (keep your credential saved in clipboard for fast login), as soon as you enter the game rejoin the match again, and it will work just fine!

the issue in this workaround is that the 1 min waiting an extra 30 sec for rejoining is important in comp, and in QP you will get replaced by that time.

It is totally random… i agree its FULLY Random… but you need to just find Russian people so if u are connected with them I think we need to play with people near Russia i played for 5 hours nothing happen

OMFG its working for me again; Singapore, Middle East, and EU are working.

1 Like

Hopefully it stays like this. And in my case, at least for a month cause then I am headed off to uni in the UK soon!