[Pakistan] Overwatch keeps disconnecting me from the game after a few seconds

For the past 4 days, I’ve been trying to play the game but Overwatch keeps disconnecting me. I can log in just fine and can also queue for games but a few seconds after joining the game, all the other players stop moving (Sometimes in mid-air) and I can’t fire or reload. I think the game disconnects me. A minute or two later, I’m officially kicked from the game. Over the past 4 days, I have only been able to play yesterday (I thought the issue was fixed but I was wrong). I have tried using another pc and using a VPN but the problem persists. Please help.

25 Likes

I think i am Having the Same Problem Not Always but after a few matches After i Queue up i get the both network errors the backet loss and the other one and everyone stops moving and my ping goes high and i can’t Leave Game because i am stuck in that match so i Have to Quit to Desktop and My internet is Fine… i Hear Everything and I CAN TALK in MATCH CHAT or Group Chat or Team Chat but i can’t Move i am having this Issue from 5 days or more

8 Likes

It’s almost the same here. I also have the issue of not being able to exit the game and thus have to exit to desktop.

4 Likes

Same here. Please Fix this.

5 Likes

Same here Lets Hope someone looks into this and Fix it i am So happy its not only me and when you tab out of the game and tab in its fixed when you tab out … and when you join everything stops again

4 Likes

Same issue. Also happens in practice range and workshops.

5 Likes

It’s just getting absurd now. So damn frustrating. I logged in today to check if the issue had been fixed and got into a 4v4 Deathmatch. So far so good. We’re beating the enemy team 16 to 5. Then this damn bug rears it’s ugly head. Everything and everyone stops moving. We ended up losing the match 26 to 30 because my team was essentially playing 3v4.

For our sanity’s sake, fix this Blizzard. Or at the very least, tell us what the problem is.

5 Likes

Hello!

Thanks for reporting this to us! It looks like most folks on this thread are connecting from the same country. Checking through our reporting system and noticed that, during peak hours, latency times in this country are about double which is a little abnormal.

Since it’s only happening during peak hours it should be possible to work around the issue by playing at a different time of day. Though I would like to ask for a winMTR report from any PC users who are experiencing this issue. This information will help us better identify the issue so we can better assist on the topic.

Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the winMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the affected game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Looking forward to hearing from y’all. Cheers!

2 Likes

Beeing running into this error for about 3 days as well. The issue for me in slightly different as my ping will suddenly shoot up to 300-400ms from 40-50 and then wildly fluctuate between 100-500 either for the rest of the game or until I eventually get kicked from the game due to disconnection. After finding this thread and downloading WinMTR, (about 2 hours ago) all of my games have ran perfectly fine. Figures :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                            192.168.18.1 -    0 |  978 |  978 |    0 |    0 |    3 |    0 |

|                58-65-175-252.nayatel.pk -    1 |  974 |  973 |    1 |    3 |   37 |    2 |

|                           172.16.11.142 -    1 |  975 |  974 |    2 |    3 |   35 |    3 |

|                 58-65-165-42.nayatel.pk -    1 |  975 |  974 |    2 |    2 |    5 |    3 |

|                            203.135.5.69 -    1 |  975 |  974 |   22 |   23 |   32 |   26 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |  195 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |  195 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|              ae1-br01-eqfr5.as57976.net -    2 |  926 |  914 |  138 |  154 | 3205 |  140 |

|         et-0-0-2-br01-eqam1.as57976.net -    3 |  879 |  860 |  138 |  204 | 4753 |  139 |

|                           137.221.65.75 -    2 |  889 |  872 |  138 |  204 | 4266 |  139 |

|                           137.221.78.49 -    0 |  978 |  978 |  142 |  146 |  252 |  143 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
1 Like

I have been trying to run a game where the problem reappears. At first I ran some games from 4am to 7am (Which are not peak hours). The problem did not occur.
Next I tried to run some games at 7pm. The problem did not occur.
Therefore I was unable to run the WinMTR test.
I assume that the problem has been fixed somehow but I will reach out to you if it occurs again.
Thank you for your help.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Fish - Latency/Disconnects

For me I have Discord Open where i talk to my friends while i play and when i get that issue my discord works Fine i an still talking to my friends AND I CAN Still Chat Teamchat/Matchchat while i am lagged like that i can still talk do things but everyone is stood still and i rememeber yesterday it happened to me While i was in a Custom game and i had the Owner of the Custom i got the problem and i Gave the owner to one of my friends while i restarted my Overwatch and like i can do things there but i can’t play or move

1 Like

it happened to me Twice now 1 after the other and i am scared to Queue again the time was 22:45 and i got the issue 2 times and and when i press Control+Shift+N There are Orange like squares going around in the graph and so many orange Squares one after the other and my ping goes So high Please Some How find a solution i am Trying to Get Good Endrosments and i keep losing my Endorsments Level 4 cuz of this Problem

1 Like

Why do nobody Fix this i am Suffering … Every second game i have to QUIT to Desktop cuz of this Stupid Issue that idk how long will it take to fix if someone looked into it i am so close to uninstalling this game Cuz i can’t play I AM LOSING ENDORSMENTS When I DIDN"T DO NOTHING WRONNNNG Whyyyy i never Left a Game trying to make my Endorsment go Higher and have Fun playing and THis issue Really Annoys me that the only thing i can Do is COME here and BEG and Beg for Help and Nobody Listens i ma cry myself to sleep

Hey Afyyy,

Are you able to try using a VPN to connect through or a mobile data hotspot to see if that improves things?

Disconnection problems between regional ISPs and the Overwatch servers are a bit beyond what we can fix on the forums here. I understand that this kind of situation would be frustrating and isn’t fun. Since it could take some time for the responsible ISP to clear up the problem perhaps you can work around it with a VPN or a different connection.

We appreciate the WinMTR data as well (using your normal connection) if you can post that info requested above.

1 Like

Hey,
I don’t know about Vpn don’t like it cuz my ping is already Enough high that is almost Playable and if i get a Vpn its gonna Probably go More than what i have.It started Happening like alot more now like every second or third match it happens it gets so annoying like i am walking in spawn waiting for the game to start and then everyone stops moving and everything lags but i can stil hear people in voice chat talk to them which is So weird that it works and i can’t leave the game to like home Screen/Menu cuz it just kicks me out of the group that i am in with a friend and i have to Quit to Desktop and then coming back in the game to see that my endorsments lvl has gone down from 4 to 3 really makes me sad other than a VPN can there be another way? like i So so want to play i am getting good at the game i am so happy but that thing just ruins my day T_T

The only other alternative is using another network. But this problem seems to be happening for multiple ISPs in your country, so fixes need to come from the ISP-level, which is outside Blizzard’s control.

LOL.

Yeah, playing in non-peak hours to get 15 minute queue times is very fun.
In 3800+ elo takes 20 to 25 minutes for every roll sometimes. (NOT JUST DPS)

I have a very high-end PC with a very high-end network gear and the best internet service product that money can buy locally. Still constant disconnects, ping spikes, no reg, and peaker’s advantage have been much more apparent since post COVID19.

Opened a ticket recently and, yup, I have the best hardware and services but got a reply that blizzard can’t fix it and blizzard don’t even know what is causing the issue. Provided all the information they needed (MTR and such). They are not even addressing the issue publicly, and clearly this is happening to tens of thousands of people including many many streamers. They are just keep saying that the server is fine and well. We as customers would know if it’s our OWN ISSUE if this problem EXISTED ALL THE TIME. It was ONLY apparent POST COIVD.
Never had this issue for 3 years playing this game like everyday.
Yes, blizzard, for some people it could be their own hardware or network setup issue. But for MAJORITY OF PEOPLE, it is clearly A NEW ISSUE coming from the HOST or the SERVER, NOT THE CLIENTS.

This game is the only game that used to make me really excited to play.

But these days,
this game is already frustrating in many ways.
The server issues are definitely an on going problem that blizzard should be aware and try to fix.
This issue is definitely not helpful for increasing the player base.
And ultimately the queue times.

PS. this issue is only apparent on Overwatch not other online pvp games.

3 Likes

i Completely Agree couldn’t have said it better myself and yea it started happeneing like after the last experimental changes went live and after a day or 2 the problem started happening everytime i queue i am Scared for Life that oh god it might happen again and Can’t play don’t want to even queue because i am scared to have that problem and then i have to quit the whole game

1 Like