[Pakistan] Overwatch keeps disconnecting me from the game after a few seconds

Unfortunately, the game fee is for the license. They provide tech support as a courtesy, so some issues may not find resolutions with their support team.

If you’re interested in a refund, I recommend reaching out to their Customer Support via the ticket system.

Update : Tried playing on American servers, played a few games against AI with someone from Italy as my duo. Worked fine for few games, then disconnects started in VS AI. Had two then tried a game of Quickplay, disconnect in that as soon as I got out of spawn of course. Tried the resource monitor suspending process method. It connected me back to the match but my ping was 1400ms and then it disconnected again as everyone stopped moving at their fixed spots. So it’s happening on American servers too for me can confirm. My ping was 175ms in few games 160ms in few and 135ms in range (Singapore Servers).
Cannot play on EU Cannot play on AMERICAS
Cannot play on ASIA (cuz of high ping)

1 Like

I am only playing in Singapore now, at least until I’m back in england

Screw the gov, pta, or whatever/whoever is responsible for this.

1 Like

Blocking middle east lets me connect to SEA in Overwatch, but when I try playing COD MW it also connects me to either EU or SEA.

This made me think, what if we could try changing the name of the application (the “Overwatch.exe” thing). So it would be treated like any other game (MW, Apex, CSGO, etc) and not get disconnected?

1 Like

I don’t think that will work, since the process name won’t change and U are not spoofing it. It will still connect through the same routes to the same servers.
Also I think with the crossplay update Blizzard merged the servers or something, because I can now see all of them in custom game server preference option, and I get connected to Singapore as well on EU Region. So that’s bloody great it wasn’t working already and now we have to deal with connecting to the unwanted servers. It keeps going downhill.

2 Likes

UPDATE : Played OW after a long time. Final 2 Working Solutions For Me

So far have tried every possible solution (unpaid). Exitlag works well but it’s only 3 days trial so useless, not gonna pay every month to play overwatch. Haste is bought off and dead. VPNs give way too much delay and latency. Client Rates method doesn’t seem to work. Resource Monitor method doesn’t seem to be worth it either as it disconnects again after joining back.

What WORKS for me is Cloudflare Warp (google 1.1.1.1 do the windows app for it) and Windscribe VPN (free to use 10GB per month I think). CloudFlare Warp connects me to singapore as it doesn’t have any option to switch to connecting region or server it just automatically routes Ur internet to best possible location. It’s fast and it connect me to singapore region only, I was getting 130ms ping it seemed decent enough to play with. If anyone here doesn’t care about regions and just wants to get back to playing, do give Cloudflare Warp a try, install and just turn it on and wait and then game on.
Windscribe is what I prefer as it is free but still has some servers to pick from, France worked the best for me and fastest, although it gives 190ms ping on French and Netherlands servers in OW. But I don’t mind that, I play casually with my partner. Use it wisely tho as it’s just 10GB per month, or make a new account wink wink. I didn’t get a single disconnect today using Windscribe and played as a solo ethernet user. There are few jitters but it’s fine enough to work with. Such is the tragedy that we have to use third party apps now to be able to play a decent match.

2 Likes

I don’t know why, but I haven’t had a disconnect for the past few days.

Found out when I played overwatch but forgot to block the middle east servers after playing cod and apex with some friends.

I have a friend who also uses Optix and he said that he hasn’t disconnected either.

If anyone wants, I can paste the ip address of the middle east server that worked for me (rest of them might not work idk).

Another UPDATE :
Played using Netherlands VPN from Windscribe, got 170-180ms ping which sometimes touched 190. Not stable but works. However I still disconnected once or twice from the game and at the end my partner (who is my italy) also disconnected. I could see her in the game but she had disconnected and was sent to the menu. This is ridiculous since the crossplay it’s been worse. The matchmaking is also so terrible we are playing on EU and matching with level 8 level 100 players while we are level 800 or so. Blizzard should fix their mess or done with OW let alone buying OW2.

1 Like

Yea, I keep having bad lag and d/c issues since patch. I think it’s due to DEVs combining cross servers like EU and NA :frowning:

2 Likes

Im using Nayatel connection… but I’m still facing this issue. Other games are working fine for me

1 Like

Its all after the cross platform update, since we’re permanently stuck in the EU server which is the huge problem. Before I could connect to American servers, even though my pings would around 120 to 150 but still the game was playable for me.

1 Like

Another Update :
Since Blizzard decided to hit the last nail in the coffin and ruin the game completely by merging all the servers, now I get matched to Singapore on no matter what region I play and get 130ms of ping. I do not care about my ping I just want to play on EU. Therefore I went ahead and blocked all the IP ranges of all other regions : ) (let me know if anyone wants to know how to do that, I can write a method) and only EU remains, I hope I don’t get matched to other regions now and only EU.

Apparently most of the ISPs around the world are lunatics and provide crap service and have routing issues. Everyone who is filling the forums of EU & US after the disconnect and crossplay issue should check in with their ISPs or a doctor cuz Blizzard is supreme. It definitely doesn’t have anything to do with Blizzard or their servers cuz they are always right and rest of the world should suck it up (sarcasm) So Pathetic -_-

1 Like

If you block servers, it won’t prevent you from landing on them 100% of the time. Instead, it will try to connect, fail, and then you’ll get the leaver penalty (and possibly lose SR). Basically, I do not recommend it.

As for this:

due to these being technical support forums, of course they are only filled with issues. But while some players are running into routing issues (very common because Telstra and Level3 are not great), hundreds of thousands of others are playing without issue.

They also did not merge all servers.

I understand the risks posed by blocking ip ranges which is why I do not implement it in competitive, just like how it was with Middle East servers, it can also happen that I connect and fail and will end up in the menu, but it is way better than connecting and playing on US servers or Singapore from so far away. If U are saying they did not merge the servers inside the game or went global then why was I matching to ORD1 which is basically Chicago US while playing from EU REGION ???

I do not want to play on Singapore or US from EU I want to stay on EU and play with my partner. I understand that not all players have issues but even my partner from Italy is getting disconnects, part of the problem is also to recognise the problem that crossplay has made things worse or at least this server merging or going global or going google etc. Maybe it’s time we got the answers or why we have to pay for vpns and networking apps to reroute and play on blizzard servers, how can someone even reach something when U put it out of their reach.

yo my dude please tell me the method how did you block the SG servers iv done it with ME but idk the singapore ranges

i dont think blizzard allows you to post them here so add me on blizzard and dm me? Please i need this

they are available on google or U can press ctrl shift N in game and see for Urself, I hope U know how to do it, while entering range add from xyz.0.0.0 to xyz.255.255.255, but Idk if U should do it cuz it might start matching U to other distant crappy servers like I was matched to chicago while playing on EU : ) go blizzard

another update I played for 3 days after blocking server ips and matched on EU no disconnect or failed to connect to the server (didn’t connect to blocked ones) but yesterday I played with my partner again we both match to EU but after one game I disconnected, everything froze so had to connect vpn again, I get hope then lose it all again

1 Like

no sign of the ip ranges online and the individual ip blocking doesnt work since there are one or 2 ips that i rarely get so i cant block them can you add me on battle net and send them to me please

The problem still exists right? the disconnect when you join a match? i am using a vpn for now but i wanna be able to play it without using any Third party applications . its sad

yeap it is but if you go without vpn you get connected to Singapore server and you do not disconnect on it

1 Like

Now there are SINGAPOREE SERVERSS whaat? Againe… Something we didn’t ask for and they are once againe forcing us to go to Singapore just like the Me now is there a way to block them ?