OWL token drop teaser (?)

2 Likes

Maybe
 officially no news posts have been made yet, and I have not receive news on my side. However, they could be showing off the new U/I arrangement of the league page in the game client.

3 Likes

Maybe. I’ve thought about drops because of the television emoji.

Some of these with OWL team banners would be nice.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. Though that is something YouTube really needs to think about if they ever hope to compete with Twitch at any level for any game.

2 Likes

^

I haven’t put on a stream once all season, I don’t care to watch the games only ever tuned in for tokens.
To be honest with you though even if tokens came back I don’t know if I would bother to, last season had an actual schedule to it that varied between morning/afternoon/evening games, now because of the changes they made this season, games start at 3am which is ridiculous. It’s not realistic to expect viewership with that schedule.

You do realize those matches are among teams that play in Korea right? Its 5 PM there when those matches start. All part of a global esport.

To be fair its at least more appealing for european viewers.

oh reeeally? It starts that early because it’s filmed in Korea? who would have known?
oh wait, Me.
As I mentioned, they made changes this season. Which is why I wouldn’t tune in again because it effects the time they are streamed. See how that works now? See how you bringing up why it’s airing at 3am doesn’t change any of those facts? Thanks so much for your time.

We knew even before the inaugural season there would be matches played internationally at different hours, some of which are inconvenient for North American viewers. But since it doesn’t sound like that the esport itself is not that important to you (which is perfectly fine), then I see no need in your case to be watching.

1 Like

When i have no time to watch live, i watch the vods back later. If only others would do the same.

If I didn’t run the match discussion threads here on the forums, I would wait for the VODs for the Korean matches myself, that being said, its been worth it to be up at 2 AM because most of you guys have been great to chat with.

1 Like

I knew then, I didn’t like it then either.
No, the “sport” itself is not very important to me as, once again, I’ve mentioned before, that I don’t care to watch the games I just turn them on for the tokens.
So clearly you’re missing a screw or two because the “need in my case to be watching” is tokens.
Anything else you want to waste your time talking about that’s already been answered or doesn’t change the fact to anything mentioned, Sir?

If tokens are important, you can always purchase them. Here are the links for each game platform:

PC/Battle.net - Xbox One - PlayStation 4

1 Like

I did so for the past skins. Im lucky for winning giveaways now. But i also hope my country will finally get tokens.

Oh wow thanks I didn’t have any idea I could purchase token with real money I use to pay for rent, If I had known about this all along I never would have watched streams for 2 years straight to get them completely 100% for free.

You know, since you’re tech support and all maaaybe, you’d be able to put in a good word to have a link put into the overwatch league section of the game so that everyone would be able to see it and know they could purchase OWL tokens for money during a pandemic without having to watch the stream to get them completely and 100% for free.

I definitely made sure to leave that specific piece feedback directly in Blizzard’s hands at the end of the season last year.

1 Like

See now myself on the other hand, again, as I’ve mentioned before, I don’t know if I would even tune in to stream to watch for tokens if they enabled the drops again because I don’t want to tune in at 3am. Anything you’d like to add to that? Bud.