OWL Play-Ins: Paris Eternal vs. Washington Justice - FINAL

Well, luckily for us all, I’m getting reports that S5 of OWL will be played on an early build of OW2…which means the Assault maps we see this OWL postseason are some of the last Assault maps we’ll see played in the pro/semi-pro scene.

Here’s to hoping the game modes replacing 2CP will be much more entertaining than 2CP.

im sad to see it go…yeah they meant the occasional draw…but it did give some off the cuff stuff time to shine…(like say sym comps)…i do hope push and whatever replaces it can do better of course

1 Like

aw crap…i totally forgot about stats…and it was last one of season too!!

im just doing a short version here so we can compare to upcoming matches.

for countdown cup weekend:

Usage

https://public.tableau.com/shared/74ZP2M9C4?:display_count=y&:origin=viz_share_link&:embed=y

Dva with a 95%! Orisa overtook hammond…hanzo a solid #2 dps

Comps:

https://public.tableau.com/shared/FC2C6PZPR?:display_count=y&:origin=viz_share_link&:embed=y

#1 - Hanzo pharah dva orisa bap mercy
#2 - sombra, tracer, dva, winston, ana brig
#3 - sombra tracer dva hammond brig zen

so pretty different from rest of stage…that “dva column” though…lol

ill be very curious to see if any of the stuff we saw earlier in the season returns…like the rein mei rush, or double bubble…as of late its been a lot of ball

I just checked the OWL website, Comast/Xfinity has completely pulled their sponsorship. (They were paused on ads, but now I see they are no longer on the list. Only Coca-Cola and Teamspeak remain.)

After Map 1

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

someone remind me what the situation is with paris eternal as far as how theyre playing…if memory serves they were a team that was getting hit hard by how the playoffs were going to be held?

They are playing from Europe, if they do advance, they would be looking at around 180 to 250 ms ping if they can’t travel to Hawaii.

but still at a disadvantage here though correct?

icon change mid thread? :sweat_smile:

Not so much because the league can use the custom game latency settings to control the minimum latency for both teams, but it can only go so high. Basically the Justice right now are playing on a deliberately slowed connection to make it fair for the Eternal.

i play at 60 and when it goes to 100ms it feels unplayable…i cant imagine 180+

After Map 2

-
-
-
-
-
-

Reaper is being used? That’s a shock.

It can be good for more controlled spaces like Anubis, but I think it was not a good pick for Paris on point C Numbani where there is too much space to maneuver around.

Speaking of which…

Yea but they’re still running Reaper the whole time and it’s being mirrored. There got to be some reason why Reaper is being ran.

Feels like it’s a dive/brawl style. Have dive go in and reaper to keep brawling slowly but surely.

Edit: As soon I said that, WJ swapped to sym. Hmm, interesting.

All I know is that if this is the best western teams are bringing out, East Region will dominate with their Pharah comps

That’s a wrap, looks like the reaper is very specific.

And this is why we have the Global Play matchmaking for Overwatch these days… don’t @ me.

Final Score

-
-
-
-
Victory!

One more match this afternoon. Discussion begins here: