Final Score

-
-
-
-
Victory!

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

Click here for Discussion Thread Rules
  • This thread is intended for the discussion of this specific Overwatch League match.
  • Please be respectful to one another and follow the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Forum Posting Guidelines.
  • Incentivizing boycotts or invoking discussion that outright expresses hate or disinterest toward Overwatch or the Overwatch League directly in these match discussion threads of any kind will be considered trolling and flagged appropriately.
  • If you are Trust Level 3 user, you are welcome and encouraged to post your animated YouTube clips, gifs and images in replies to support your team or be expressive, but please keep any such imagery appropriate.
  • I, WyomingMyst, am a Forum MVP. This means I spend a great deal of time helping players with Overwatch (which is why my text is green in color). This thread is not related to my role as a Forum MVP and I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the match!

Tokens now enabled on OverwatchLeague.com! Click here for important information and troubleshooting!

Join the official forums OWL Pick'em Leaderboards!Need info on the 2021 OWL Season? Click here to watch my video explaining it all!

For those who need a reminder, here are the rules for the Post-season Play-ins Tournament.

• This is a single-elimination tournament.
  • Matches are played first to three.
  • Higher seed in each match gets to pick the starting Control Map.
  • Loser of the previous map picks the map for the next round. The winner picks on whether to attack or defend first.
  • For the West Region, the highest seed of the bottom four gets to pick their opponent of the bottom two. Then in the next round, the highest seed of the top two picks their opponent out of the two advancing teams from the first round.
1 Like

WE MADE IT TO THE POSTSEASON!

Anyway, I unfortunately will be out of commission for most of the NA play-in matches today and tomorrow, as I have accepted a (hopefully temporary) new job at a local restaurant…and it’s gonna be busy this weekend, with large (40+ people) groups coming in.

However, for my predictions, I’m going with Washington and Toronto. I don’t think Paris can overcome the ping problems in the playoffs. As for Toronto, if I didn’t select them, a certain person I follow on Twitter would probably not like me.

I will definitely make sure I am on tomorrow morning by hook or by crook (though my body is probably going to hate me when I work Sunday afternoon as a result of getting barely 3-4 hours of sleep).

But Hangzhou did make it! They’re playing tomorrow morning!

Yup, unless of course you are Florida or NYXL or guangzhou …Etc etc :sweat_smile:

imagine having the same name as the Paris map ahaha gotem

i meant guangzhou (fixed) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well, luckily for us all, I’m getting reports that S5 of OWL will be played on an early build of OW2…which means the Assault maps we see this OWL postseason are some of the last Assault maps we’ll see played in the pro/semi-pro scene.

Here’s to hoping the game modes replacing 2CP will be much more entertaining than 2CP.

im sad to see it go…yeah they meant the occasional draw…but it did give some off the cuff stuff time to shine…(like say sym comps)…i do hope push and whatever replaces it can do better of course

1 Like

aw crap…i totally forgot about stats…and it was last one of season too!!

im just doing a short version here so we can compare to upcoming matches.

for countdown cup weekend:

Usage

https://public.tableau.com/shared/74ZP2M9C4?:display_count=y&:origin=viz_share_link&:embed=y

Dva with a 95%! Orisa overtook hammond…hanzo a solid #2 dps

Comps:

https://public.tableau.com/shared/FC2C6PZPR?:display_count=y&:origin=viz_share_link&:embed=y

#1 - Hanzo pharah dva orisa bap mercy
#2 - sombra, tracer, dva, winston, ana brig
#3 - sombra tracer dva hammond brig zen

so pretty different from rest of stage…that “dva column” though…lol

ill be very curious to see if any of the stuff we saw earlier in the season returns…like the rein mei rush, or double bubble…as of late its been a lot of ball

I just checked the OWL website, Comast/Xfinity has completely pulled their sponsorship. (They were paused on ads, but now I see they are no longer on the list. Only Coca-Cola and Teamspeak remain.)

After Map 1

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

someone remind me what the situation is with paris eternal as far as how theyre playing…if memory serves they were a team that was getting hit hard by how the playoffs were going to be held?

They are playing from Europe, if they do advance, they would be looking at around 180 to 250 ms ping if they can’t travel to Hawaii.

but still at a disadvantage here though correct?

icon change mid thread? :sweat_smile:

Not so much because the league can use the custom game latency settings to control the minimum latency for both teams, but it can only go so high. Basically the Justice right now are playing on a deliberately slowed connection to make it fair for the Eternal.

i play at 60 and when it goes to 100ms it feels unplayable…i cant imagine 180+

After Map 2

-
-
-
-
-
-

Reaper is being used? That’s a shock.

It can be good for more controlled spaces like Anubis, but I think it was not a good pick for Paris on point C Numbani where there is too much space to maneuver around.

Speaking of which…

Yea but they’re still running Reaper the whole time and it’s being mirrored. There got to be some reason why Reaper is being ran.

Feels like it’s a dive/brawl style. Have dive go in and reaper to keep brawling slowly but surely.

Edit: As soon I said that, WJ swapped to sym. Hmm, interesting.